SQ-SPL-SQL---What is my woofers?

Bronze Member
Username: Snopro4ever

Post Number: 13
i realize that sq is sonic quality, and spl is sound pressure level and sql is both, but what exactly is my subwoofer? what determines which catagorie it falls into?

mine is a Infinity Reference series KAPPA PERFECT 12.1
350w rms, 1400w peak per sub, i have 2.

thanks

Silver Member
Username: Shman

Grandville, Michigan United States

Post Number: 211
theyre probably geared more toward SQ...did that come with the different magnets & $hit?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
differetn magnets?? the box just had the sub, and ownersmaula and sub sticky foam to help seal.

Silver Member

Post Number: 218
huh... i read somewhere that there were different magnets that they had for the kappa perfects....idk

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
even if they are sq, if i ran 400w rms and 1400w peak to each one, they would be real loud wouldnt they be?

Silver Member

Post Number: 223
just because a sub has great SQ doesnt mean that they cant get loud too... take the arsenal for example.....all im saying is that the kappa perfects are supposed to have exeptional SQ... but yes, they probably will get relatively loud depending on the enclosure

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
these are my first subs. and i was lookign at the stat sheets, and it says they have the loudest db rating with a vented bandpass box.. about 8 db louder than a sealed box(which i have now) is a vented bandpass a ported box?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us