Greatest SQ subs for under $150?

Bronze Member
Username: Jinster

Post Number: 55
so what are some really great sounding subs that doesn't bust your wallet? i got my eye on ED 11kv2 and my other eye on DLS 10mw but that's $50 dollars over my expected budget. so i was also wondering if it's worth the extra $50. thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Dlenz4437

Post Number: 33
i think either a w1 or w3. the w3 i think is 170 on ebay but the xtra 20 bucks is worth it and the w1 is obviously cheaper maybe 120-130. i've heard both and i think for the price their pretty good in sq.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1749
AA assassin, imo can't be beat, $75 for a 12 excellent sq.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1831
or if u are looking into a 10" they are only 55 a piece cant beat that

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 661
^^^I SECOND THE ASSASSIN

Silver Member
Username: Shman

Grandville, Michigan United States

Post Number: 154
arsenal 10...$145

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
how come nobody's urging me for dls mw? are they not that great?

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 669
the dls is a very uncommon sub and very few people have prolly heard one, they cant be that great if no one gets them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
^^ true true. however, i used to have a W3 in my vette w/jl 500 amp and had to turn the gain all the way down cuz it was much more 'booming' than i had expected. i just want a sub that blends in with the music. had i set something up wronng or is w3 always noticbly subwoofer sounding?

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 369
mabe you were giving the w3 to much power

Bronze Member
Username: Alpineduder

Post Number: 31
Type-r 10"...cant beat the sound or price

Silver Member
Username: Shman

Grandville, Michigan United States

Post Number: 176
^^^you can easily beat the sound and price...

Bronze Member
Username: Ogduncan

Post Number: 51
idq

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5820
agreed with archie! aresenal is a great buy, the DLS are more of their entry level subs, the ultimate's and the iridiums are fantastic subs. The w3 is 250rms so you were highly overpowering that sub. a 250/1 would be perfect for it. Type r's are really nothing special IMO and the price matches the quality it's not a incredible buy.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3297

quote:

the dls is a very uncommon sub and very few people have prolly heard one, they cant be that great if no one gets them.

in fact....they are INCREDIBLE....they are, IMO, one of the top SQ/L(more towards SQ) subs on the market....but they are very expensive....and few ppl have even heard of them. :-)

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5822
yup DLS makes great quality subs,equipment. They have their entry line and their top line like all other companies but their entry line is still far superior to most mainstream mid lines.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
i had w3 powered with the sub channel of jl 500/5 which was rated at 250. i guess it was just that my ears were only about 20 inches from the sub way the corvette was installed. anyways, i've decided to go with an entry lvl dls and a phoenix gold xenon. wish me luck guys!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us