Wat subs to get? Cant deside

Bronze Member
Username: Reef

Post Number: 20
HEY I am lookin to get a pair of subs for about 200$ i have been look at The kicker crv12s at 400 wats rms and the pioneers premiers that are 400 watt rms wat ones would you guys recomend

Bronze Member
Username: Livin_loud

Ny

Post Number: 38
Between those two, the Kickers

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
could you recomend a pair of subs that are better than the kickers for 200 or under

Bronze Member
Username: Eseesai

Post Number: 78
how about some Acendent Audio Assassins 12inch they run at about 75buchs each

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Where do you find those Subs at i cant find them? i have never heard of them are they pretty good?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
yeah here the web site

http://ascendantaudio.com/assassin10specs.html

it goes straight to the assassins ive heard nothing but good from AA let c if u like them

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
Are these SUbs new to the audio industry or somthim. how come i have never heard of these befor and will there be lounder and have better sound quality that the CVRS

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
they have good sound quality(SQ) and good bass too thats what ive heard thats what im planning on getting too

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
i just dont wanna make a mistake like i did last time and buy shitty subs, yea know

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
yeah i know thats why i asked what was better for my price range and they recommended the assassins they say they are good

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
THey dont look very good to me there paper cone the the speaker terminals look shitty

Username: Splmonster

Post Number: 9
ascendant audio is a great brand but just depends on what you want, from what i hear the cvrs will get louder but the assasins will sound better,
truthfully if u have the money and seems like u want some nice sql subs go for some alpine type r's they are a little bit more but are right in the middle have great spl and good sq as well

Username: Splmonster

Post Number: 10
edit- oh yea the type r's u can get for like 115 a piece
http://carstereoexpo.com/swal12tysesu1.html

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 121
orion hps are about 120 shipped to your door. my buddy just got some and they sound sweet.

Silver Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 669
for sql http://cardiscountstereos.com/catalog%20page.asp?Product+%23=AW1206T

for spl http://cardiscountstereos.com/catalog%20page.asp?Product+%23=AW1208T

for sq assasins

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
ok THIS IS PISSING ME OFF I CANT BESIDE WTA TO GET EITHER CVRS, TYPE R'S, ASSASSINS, I DONT WANT TO SPEND ANY MORE THAN 230 A PAIR I WANT THEM TO HAVE NICE CLEAN DEEEEEP BASS AND GET LOUD I WANT TO SET OFF CAR ALARMS

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 672
dude look at these
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/223930.html

oh u mean you want to hit hard and have some sound quiality get the aw1206t on a ported enclousure tuned to 32hz

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7778
here is a 3rd option -

cerwin vega vmax , falls right within ur bdget ......

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 665
i know for sure the cvr's can get loud and have decent sq so that i am sure you will be happy with them. i have not heard the assassins first hand but the old atlas were pretty good and the assassins are improved atlases. if you want loud and listen to mostly rap i would look into getting on L7 instead of 2 cvr's

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 673
go to a shop and tell them that u want to hear the subs and then u will choses wich one is better

Bronze Member

Ny

Post Number: 40
CVRs = decent SQ and SPL

Type R's = CVRs with a little less SPL and a little more SQ

Assassins = least SPL out of these but best SQ

As for car alarms, you'll need a little more than any of these could put out, unless you have them in one he*l of a setup. Now for that "DEEEEEP" bass you want, none of these will really give you what you want from ~35hz and below.

My personal reccomendation out of these would be the CVR's, since they'll get louder than the rest and still retain decent SQ. And you'll definetly have to put them in a ported box as big as you can fit

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 678
aw1206=more spl than cvr,type r, and assasins but a little sq than type r's

aw1208t= the loudest spl than any woofer listed but with the less sq listed

dude i set off alarms wit my aw1206ts wit two crappy sony p5 amps, and is just like my 18 inch sx with my precicion power dcx1500.1 is like 5 db louder 145.3 to be excact at the termal lab

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 679
the aw1206t i had them running at 2 ohm at 400 rms and they hitted hard but the amp was a sony so is overated so i think i was gettin like 350 rms at 2 ohm

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
ok today i went to curcuit city and they let me put the CRV's with the box and it sounds good but then i rehooked up my two sony 10s i got at wallmart and they sound almost as good

Bronze Member

Ny

Post Number: 44
Well circuit city is where sh*t went wrong. If the CVR's were 12's, sh*t really went wrong. What type of box? Cu. ft? Vehicle? Amp?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
MY car is a 1985 camaro hatch back wat you want the cubic feet for the box with the kickers or my box with the 10s

Bronze Member

Ny

Post Number: 53
Well, both boxes if possible. The hatch helps you a bit btw, louder than trunks. And what was the amp used to power them?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
umm the box with my 10inch sonys the box is .65 cubic feet per chamber and i cant find the cu ft on the kicker box but i knwo that box is ment for the kickers you can see on the circuit city web site and the kickers was just a little louder but i think its because the sonys need 250 watts rms each so thats 500 rms together and the kickers are 400rms each so thats 800rms and my amp is prety shity i think its a sony 1200 watt they say it puts out 500rms at 4 ohm so you think the kickers would be alot louder with the right watts?

Bronze Member

Ny

Post Number: 63
So the box is prefab right from Kicker I'm guessing, and uh, they'll embarass the Sonys with the right watts going to them. I'm also going to guess the Kickers are dvc 4ohm... Got a model number for the amp?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4784
Ill say this simply....The brand does not determine how loud a speaker will be in your car. I personally have beaten two 12's in a prefab mtx ported box which hit 127.7 db against my two 6.5 inch tangbands which hit 128.6 db using the same amplifier power. Think about what im saying (two 6.5's beat two 12's.)

Gold Member

Post Number: 4785
and that was less than the tangbands have hit when the amplifier was set more agressively

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3709
Whats up sean, havent seen you on in a while. Are you on AIM at all ? If so hit me up at suleman36

Silver Member
Username: Shman

Grandville, Michigan United States

Post Number: 227
^^^what 12's were you using????? LOL 127.7.....

Silver Member
Username: Bulldogsm2008

Iowa City, Iowa

Post Number: 145
i have a 12" assassin and i would have to say its as good as or better than a cvr for a cheaper price i would recommend them to anyone on a budget i got mine for $88.12 after shipping to iowa

Gold Member

Post Number: 4786
"^^^what 12's were you using????? LOL 127.7....."

A) they were mtx subs and they werent mine they were someone elses and im making a point of showing you that my 6.5 inch tangbands beat the 12's in spl........they shouldnt should they....nope....but they did...theres more to spl then brands and power

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
why are assassin so popular are they that good? you do you guys think should i buy 2 12s for 250 and under or buy one 12inch or a 15inch for 250 or under

Bronze Member

Ny

Post Number: 89
Assassins are produced by a company with a good reputation for good products (sounds like a friggin slogan haha). Well, you can have 2 decent subs or 1 good one. The amount of space you have available can determine what you get. I'd just get a 15" Arsenal from Ascendant. Great speaker, and it's on sale right now. It doesn't put out absolutely insane amounts bass or nothing, but theres definitly plentiful amounts there with sound quality to match. Best bet for your money

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
HOW about 3 pioneer TS-W306C would that sound good does any one know?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7008
^^^Trash

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
you dont think those are good subs

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
has any one heard any of the hifonics subs

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7009
SPL subs, require an electrical system upgrade, not worth it...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
Why just SPL subs

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7010
cause the sound like sh!t, and require alot of power ..

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 736
http://www.soundsplinter.com/rlp_premium_series_12_and_15_inch_subwoofer.html
Take a look at the Rl-p 15". That will take care of the low end and get pretty loud.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us