What box is better

Bronze Member
Username: Illwill577

Post Number: 56
i have 2 15" l7s and im debating on what box out of these 2 to get

one is tuned to 38hz and the other is at 35hz

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D9716888821%26&sspagename= STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT%26

that one looks cheap tho

this is the other one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D9724643025%26&sspagename= STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT%26

anyone had expericene with subzone boxs.

price doesnt matter jus perfomance.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3283
if you want it louder.
then go with the box tuned to 38hz
they both are about the same cubic feet per chamber.so pick whichever one you like. the higher it is tuned, the louder it will be....but the more SQ you sacrifice......BUT you wont notice a reall any SQ decrease at 38hz. my box is tuned at 40hz and it sounds incredible. most SPL tuned boxes are around 45 and up:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Livin_loud

Ny

Post Number: 35
Well to tell you the truth, don't get either. If price doesn't matter look for somebody to make one for you (ex. t-cab) or even make one yourself, because boxes off ebay that are prefab generally suck. But if you must get one of those, the subzone would be better...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
thanks i was thinkin of the subzone one looks built better. will i notice a major difference from 38hz and 35hz

Gold Member

Post Number: 3286
not really....unless you had them both, you would be able to pick out the differences.....but you wont buy one and say "damn, i wish i would have bought the one tuned to 38/35hz."

hahaha, they are L7's anyway.:P

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2955
both of those boxes are too small for L7 15's...2.5cuft per sub just isnt enough IMO.

you really want at least 3.5cuft per L7 15"...4cuft would be better.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3287
works for me.^^^
i am not an L7 expert to begin with. lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
they going in a cadillac. i dont think it 3.5 per l7 is going to fit in the trunk

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7773
well im not sure on a 35 to 38hz range but in my ride difference between 32 to 36 is VERY noticable .

yes u do get more spl with 36 but imo u miss so much of the deeper music freqs , 32 is VERY GOOD SQ but u lose some SPL - thats y personally i like 33/34hz 4 my tastes ...if u want ppl 2 hear u outside then go 4 a higher tuned box ....

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2957
i'll put it this way...1 sub in a properly built enclosure can DESTROY 2 in a sh!tty one.

its not gonna be easy to build a 7cuft+ enclosure in the trunk...but it will be well worth the trouble to get a good box. (BTW...a 7cuft net box will actually be closer to 8cuft gross)

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2958
oh...and i would tune to 35hz w/ L7 15's for a loud daily driver.

Bronze Member

Ny

Post Number: 37
I'm going to be putting in a single chamber box that I'm building myself which will have about 7 cubes (thx marshall :-)) into an Acura, so I'm pretty sure you could do 3.5 per sub or find a single chamber like mine and have about the same size in a Cadillac. Either way, It'll be a big as* box. What model anyways?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
cadillac deville 96 im thinking 35hz will be good enuff for me but im not sure about the box i dont have any tools or anything to build a box

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
http://www.klausaudio.com/ they customize boxes has anyone tried out one of there boxes?

Bronze Member

Ny

Post Number: 39
Well I'm going to take a stab at this and guess you want one loud as* system. Personally, I would get rid of the Kickers you have, get a Solo X 12" or something similar, and have a box made for it. It would be completely loud and fit where you want it to go. A good place to get a box made would be http://www.woodlawncabinetry.com/ Just give them the specs recommended for whatever sub. I know its a pain to do all this but in the end it would be worth it. As for that site, no clue how good the boxes are.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us