Some Help Plz

Username: Splmonster

Post Number: 1
well im going for a sql setup and wanna spend abour 300-350 on subs and wanna get a nice 1200watt amp ( nine.1 kicker kx1200.1 etc )
so any suggestions?

Bronze Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 75
how many subs do you want?

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 651
why 1200 if you dont know what sub you want yet?

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 493
here's 2 type r's for $225. there nice sql subs and you can run them with either of the amps you mentioned.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-ALPINE-SWR-1242D-12-TYPE-R-SUBWOOFERS_W0QQitemZ9725698469Q QcategoryZ18803QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Post Number: 3
well id like an amp bout that so i wont need to upgrade any major electric stuff and thats about the price range on an amp im looking for, and it doesnt matter on the subs 1, 2, 3 max because i have a <<<<< 01 grand prix lol and the trunk is nice sized but not sure if i could get 3, maybe if it was a sealed box

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1081
i would get 2 subs in a ported box. maybe a 15 sx or xxx?

Post Number: 4
well was reading another thread and found a link and found 2 in my price range the 15 rlp and the 15 crystal comp and if the type r's are in my range which would u choose

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 874
Just to let you know, your not going to be able to run 1200 WRMS on a stock alternator. So fit a HO alt into your budget. ;)

Post Number: 5
sure i will, ive seen 3000watts run off a stock alt ;), he was runnin 2 batts but ill just upgrade mine to a deep cycle, and if i do run into incredible dimming probs ill pick one up later

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2935
upgrade your batt to a deep cycle and also get a batcap 800 or a kinetic cap killer. HO alt would be best though.

you can run 30kw off a stock alternator. with that harrison lab amp lol.

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 655
i really like my setup. i got a rf X7 and a eclipse titanium 15". it gets plenty loud and has good sound quality in a ported box tuned to 35Hz. i have 1600wrms on a stock alt and had no problems.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7764
u can run 1200wrms on ur stock alt like i did with my Mb quart raa1000 (1000wrms) & alpine 545 amp (125wrms x 4) without any problems .

But of course a HO alt is always the more sensible thing 2 do ....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
off the ho alt and back on topic, what would be best?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us