Future wepons?

Bronze Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 63
did you guys see the thing on D.C. last night? the military made this wepon that gets louder as you moove AWAY from it... something like 155dB at 100 meters on MINIMUM and its saposed to paralize the person almost because they aren't saposed to take that much dB's lol

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 636
no i didnt see it. getting louder as you move away doesnt sound right, i dont think sound waves work that way.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2917
damn, i meant to watch it lol.

and its like 155db at a high frequency isnt it? if you had 155db at 2750hz you would wish you didnt have ears...

Bronze Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 65
yea, and thats how it works, if you are whiin FEET of the thing, its just an annyoing humm.. but 100 meters away it gets VERY loud, and its maximum distance is 500 meters i believe... and like the X marine was like almost on his knees on the MEDIUM setting at 100 meters away... i didn't think waves worked like that either... but some how the government has changed physics LOL

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 639
what are they using to make the noise?

Bronze Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 66
they didn't really go into detail... but its liek this BIG WHITE THING lol stands like 7-8 feet tall and is circular

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1458
I know what your saying.........is that the one where they blew out the windows on the car some many feet away?

Bronze Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 67
yea, i couldn't stay up that late... GF was over but i saw the preview for that... lol

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2918
a 100 inch tweeter with 78mm xmax.

i have no idea lol.

Bronze Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 69
yea.... seems right LOL

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 644
or maybe it was just a nextel speaker with and orion 2500d powering it. LOL

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 437
Sound works by vibration of particles. If intensity increases based on increased distance, the wave would never dissipate. Everyone on earth would feel the wave and die soon after.

Bronze Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 73
no they have it based on after 500 meters the waves loose power and disipate

Silver Member
Username: Nypdlapd

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 417
Its dis>>>> http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/Various/lrad.wmv

Bronze Member
Username: Jcash

Post Number: 41
they even had little cxars that shoot like machine gunz. And that new device that freezes anyonw within a mile radius something to do with the muscles getting hard and you wont be able to move but you can still hear and see.

Bronze Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 74
thats so tight...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
lol i was joking lmao that would be cool as h3ll though soon enough though the future is full of danger lol. to many crazy sh!t noadays.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
lol i was joking lmao that would be cool as h3ll though soon enough though the future is full of danger lol. to many crazy sh!t noadays. the little remote cars that shoot are for reals though i seen the preview.

Silver Member

Post Number: 438
If the video on ROE is the real thing, then it isn't anything special. The intensity doesn't increase based on distance. The frequency is very high, meaning the wavelength is very small. The wave doesn't get more intense as you move further away, it get more intense the more you move towards the direction the wave is moving.

You can do the same thing with a tweeter and the same effect will happen. Facing towards you, it will be louder. Facing away or to the side of you, it will not be as loud.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2934
knacko, your not getting it. fi it wasnt something amazing it wouldnt have cost 40 million and 8 years of research. it consentrates sound waves so well its the same volume 500m away! and 155db at that frequency is just insane in itself.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5806
exactly trevor. Knacko if you watch it again he describes how the sound waves are not like those from a conventional loud speaker they are more compact and can be fired with laser pinpoint accuracy that does not allow the sound waves to break up like they do with a loud speaker's pond ripple effect.

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 342
Meh, I'd like to show up to a comp with 8 of those!

Silver Member

Post Number: 439
The generator they are using is most likely some kind of planar electrostatic speaker. Obviously, it has been carefully refined to the point in the video, but the same concept is already in use in home audio systems.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us