Hows this box for some assassins?

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 856
Looking to upgrade my system this summer and the price of the assassins really caught my eye. I have a Xtant A6001 amp that does 600 wrms @ 2 ohms. Which I know is underated, more like 660 wrms. How well will that work for assassins? I did some searching on the forums and I have heard many people say that they can handle much more, but will that do well?

Next, I really don't feel like paying for a custom box to be made. Even though it would be cool to put them into a ported box to specs, I don't think I have the $ or the trunk space for that! :-( So I was looking at this box:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D9723652468%26&sspagename= STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT%26

Looks very well built, with the gold terminals and everything, plus moderately priced. as for the airspace, if my calculcations on the BCAE box calculator are correct it should be a little over 1 cuft. airspace for each. A little under recommended, but I could add some polyfill to help with that.

Just looking for everyones input. Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2321
u should get an arsenal instead...an arsenal would do great with 660 watts
also just build ya own box man...its fun

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 864
So 1 12" arsenal will be as loud and have as good SQ as 2 12" Assassins? It might be true, but I have a hard time beleiving that. As for building my own box, I don't have time, I am going to be moving in a month and my parents are stressed enough as it is trying to keep the house as clean as possible for showing, so building my own isn't even an option.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 872
anyone have a say?

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 232
i dont really know which way youll have more sql but either way youll be happy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums