Yay or nay?

Bronze Member
Username: Livin_loud

Ny

Post Number: 22
This is the 3rd time I've tried posting this today, so hopefully it shows up this time... Well anyways, I'm building a box. My dilemma is I can't fit both subs and the port on the same side, so I figured I'd try something else and came up with this. The port isn't necesarily going to look like that, its just there to give a general idea of where its firing out. Also note that I realize I suck at drawing (it was quick, ok?) and yes, I realize it is indeed on pink paper. So to the question, will this design work without killing off some dB's or will I be fine?

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2944
what vehicle is this going to be in?

Bronze Member

Ny

Post Number: 23
Acura CL. Only reason I have the port there is because theres enough space for it to fire out. The front half of the box is tight between the wheel wells (sp?) and the back half gets open space, hence the port placing.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2945
what measurments do you have to work with?

what subs are goin in this box?

Bronze Member

Ny

Post Number: 24
32" Length
33" Width
16" Height

I'm putting in 2 15" L7's. And I have an excuse for owning them! I was new to the car audio scene at the time and of course, I only cared about SPL. I broke them in with a 250w Infinity home amp and they didn't sound bad actually, but I know it'll be different with a JBL GTO1201.1, which is what I'm going to push em with. If I had a choice now I would've bought a Havoc... but I did get the Kickers for a steal

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2946
ouch...thats a tight squeeze for 2 L5's.

try it w/ the subs firing toward the bumper w/ the port firing into the drivers side wall(near the seat).

go w/ a 14.5" x 5.5" port 16.25" deep. that will tune to box to roughly 35hz and give you 6.9cuft after all displacments.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2947
oups..i mean face it like in your pic.

you may want to try subs firing up w/ the port to the drivers side wall too.

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 793
they are L7s

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2949
lol...yea he did say L7's.

i'm tired.

Bronze Member

Ny

Post Number: 25
Yeah, I know its tight... But if I'm understanding you correctly, I should rotate the box 180* on its base but have the port firing the same direction. But if I do that then theres no room for the port to fire out. I also wanted to refrain from having the subs fire up because I don't like the idea of them beating the crap out of my trunk lid or my 6x9's, but if I have to I will... And I appreciate the help you've given me so far

Bronze Member

Ny

Post Number: 27
Oops, I think I misread that. So basically, I should go with the design I made with the port area you gave me, and if I want, face the subs up
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us