HELP! Quick!

Gold Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 1015
Ok, I am trying to hook up my new Crossfire 600D to my 2 Arsenal 12" subs. I was going to run the amp at 1 ohm. I hooked everything up exactly according to the diagram shown belown (2 DVC 4 ohms subs) and it worked but sounded more like 300 watts instead of 600+ watts. Basically, my old 450 watt kicker beat it out. I don't know what is hooked up wrong. I have 4 speaker wires coming out of the amp even though it only shows 2 (I dont see how that is possible). Anyway, Please someone help.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL

Post Number: 3253
is this Klein????

and are you sure they aren't DVC 2 ohm?

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 626
you obviously did something weird if you have 4 wires coming out your amp while trying to follow the pic. try playing with the gain and the bass boost.

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 629
arsenals are dvc 4, im sure.

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 225
you should be getting @880 watts at 1 ohm...
what do you mean, "I have 4 speaker wires coming out of the amp even though it only shows 2 (I dont see how that is possible). Anyway, Please someone help." are you using 4 speaker wires for two subs? You should foolow pic with + from channel 1 and - from channel 2

Gold Member

Post Number: 1017
Well, 2 wires (+ & -) go to 1 sub and 2 go to another. How else could I do it?

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 630
follow the pic exactly and you will have no problems.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1018
Well should I put 2 wires into the + of one channel and 2 wires into the - of the other channel?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1059
you only need one wire coming from ur amp, like the picture shows. you take the left - channel and hook it to the negetive on one sub and also on the other sub. you can do this by splicing the wire into 2 parts or you can just cut it in half and use as two seperate.

same on the other side but with the positive wires. then after you do all that you need to connect the VC's, so you take a part of speaker wire and connect the 2 neg on the first sub and the 2 ned on the 2nd sub(these dont conncect to the amp) and then you do that to the positive ones (also not conncected to the amp) - you are just completing the circuit.

thats the best i can do

Silver Member
Username: Seth_walker

U.S.A.

Post Number: 109
No. just have one wire coming out of the (+) of the amp and going to the (+)'s on the subs and one wire coming from the (-) of the amp and going to the (-)'s on the subs, just like the diagram.

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 632
one strand of speaker wire actually has to seperately insulated strands of wire. put one strand of speaker wire in the + and run one seperately insulated strand to a + on each sub. then from the + that has the wire in it run a seperately insulated strand to the empty + on the same sub. do the - the same way.

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 226
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1019
that looks different than the original picture.

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1060
no, on the first subm both neg need to connect (the VC's). and then the red wire on the top needs to conncet both the positives, same with the other side. ur diagram is a bit confusing with the postive wires on the sub side. in the diagram you are not connecting ur VC's. you need to connect them. just stare at the 1st diagram for lil bit until you understand. thats what i had to do my first time.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1020
How do I go about splicing that 1 wire into 2? Right now here is how it is hooked up (let me TRY to describe it).
1st channel- positive wire to a positive VC. negative to the other VC's negative. Wire connecting both negative VC's and then a wire connecting both positive VC's.

Same for second channel. I have a seperate positive and negative coming from the amp for each terminal 2 +'s and 2 -'s.

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 227
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1021
Can I put 1 wire (2 separately insulated strands) running into the + of one channel and then split it down the middle to run to both positive terminals for the subs?

Also, in the crossfire instructional guide, it shows all 4 + - on 1 channel and + - on the other channel being used to create a 1 ohm load (different from the picture above).

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1064
that diagram isnt right. ur coil 1 pos on both sides needs to be connecting to both positives.

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 228
Use positve from amp channel 1
use negitive from amp chanel 2

run + from amp chanel 1 to all voice coil positves
run - from amp channel 2 to all voice coil negitives, clear??????????????????????????

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1065
"Can I put 1 wire (2 separately insulated strands) running into the + of one channel and then split it down the middle to run to both positive terminals for the subs"

yes, or you can just cut the speaker wire in half and use it like that.

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1067
is ur amp bridgeable? does it say " bridged" above the channels on ur amp? connect the speaker wires to the channels that say "bridged" from the amp to the subs

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 230
" what????? what both positives???? amp?/

"that diagram isnt right. ur coil 1 pos on both sides needs to be connecting to both positives."

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 231
" what????? what both positives???? amp?/

"that diagram isnt right. ur coil 1 pos on both sides needs to be connecting to both positives."

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1740
OMG im so confused, i hope you can figure it out cause i sure the h3ll can't.

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 232
is this better.... Upload

Silver Member
Username: Seth_walker

U.S.A.

Post Number: 111
i thought the crossfire 600d was a mono amp, soooooo why would you have to worry about bridging it?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1022
it is a mono amp. Thanks for the help you all and I encourage people to keep trying but this is confusing the hell outta me.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1023
To show you how they say to do it. Go to www.crossfirecaraudio.com. Click tech info, amplifiers, then go to 600D and it should bring up a manual which has wiring diagrams for it in there.

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1078
yea thats better chris. i knew what you were tryin to get at but chris needs it as clear as possible. marcs diagram is perfect. just follow that.

and yea, LOL, you dont need to bridge it, i though it was a 2-channel. my bad.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us