Any good?

Username: 442boy

Post Number: 5
um i have two 4ohm dvc 1000watt volfenhag 12's i got them in two boxes and an 800 watt 2 channel amp
um exacly what happens when your hook up both of the connections on a dvc i saw the wire diagram on 12volt.com but what does it do exacly ...i heard from an amature that it makes it sound like two subs ... what does it really do

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 288
WUT KINDA AMP IS IT????????

Post Number: 6
a lanzar vibe

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 290
I BELIEVE A SECOND VOICE COIL JUST ALLOWS THE SUB TO HANDLE MORE POWER

Bronze Member
Username: Livin_loud

Ny

Post Number: 32
Each voice coil (if dvc) holds half the subs power. Say you have a sub thats 500wrms dvc. Each coil will be 250wrms. You hook up both coils for the sub to perform how it should

Gold Member
Username: Goatin

Ohio U.S.A

Post Number: 1031
The guide shows you how to wire your sub/s in a particular ohm impedance on the amp.

If you wire them both to the same one like you are saying that would be running them in paralell and that will run your amp in 8ohm's of impedance, And seeing as how you are already underpowering your subs running your amp in 8ohm's might give you ~less than 100 watts per sub.

I would suggest getting a GOOD 1000 watt rms amp that is stable at 1 ohm then wire both together to 1 ohm for best results.

I would get new subs too....

Post Number: 7
ok thanx eric
yea u to raven id like to get new everything but um w/e this is my irst system in my/(moms) van so yea
another qestion my dad says we could port my sealed box is this possible? he sadi just cut a hole ....but wouldnt that make it bottom out?

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1830
well you could just build a ported box but you would have to tune it correctly like cut the correct size hole for a pvc pipe or make the correct size slot port for the right size box you cant just make a hole in a box lol

Post Number: 9
what exacly happens if a sub bottoms out ......does it rip the surrond or sumthing

(learning)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us