OK ILL SWALLOW MY PRIDE PLEASE HELP ME PICK OUT MY SUBWOOFERS

Bronze Member
Username: 69_ohm_stable

Post Number: 19
I have been looking for about 4 months now, and honestly, I can't come up with a decision on what subs to run. I have an MTX 942 which puts out about 940 watts bridged at 4 ohms. I want SQL. I am looking for something that will be musical but hits hard if I want to compete. I want to spend about $200.00 on each sub(give or take a few dollars). What do you guys recommend?
What company makes the best sub in that range?
should I run three twelves?
should I run two twelves?
should I run two fifteens?
Guys please help me on this and refer other members to chime in as well. I am getting a Grand Prix GT in a few weeks and I already have my amps and head unit so now all I need is my subs and box. I want to be ready in time for the first competition here in cincinnati.

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 607
maybe you could find an older RE sx, from what i hear they get loud and have good sq. your amp is kinda small to be running 2 subs. about the best 2 subs you could get would be 2 15" kicker cvr's.

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 749
Dayton MKIII 12s are nice and cost right at the 200$ mark.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 920
I'd just run one higher quality sub then spending on multiple of the same sub.
Btw, pride is never a good thing to have, especially in something as crazy as the world of (car) audio where there is sooooo much to learn. There is more to acoustics than most people can comprehend (myself included)

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7749
prolly a single IDmax 12" - might still be a few around online somewhere ....

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2308
man if u can get enough money for it...get 1 15 inch arsenal

Gold Member

Post Number: 2309
my bad...its dual 4 ohm so it wont work

Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 3
You should really try DLS MW series subs. 2x12 should be just fine. These will be even slightly better than IDQ's. They will pound if you want them to and they will still be accurate:-)
Enjoy

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1724
eclipse ti and AA havoc, would be better than every sub mentioned, their a little more exspensive i think $400 but they will be louder and have pretty close the same sq, one ported will get loud enough for any1.

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 619
^^^ you would be underpowering both the havoc and eclipse ti and the ti wouldnt work anyways because it is dual 4. the havoc would work and sound pretty good but you would be underpowering it by more than 500w.

Silver Member
Username: Seth_walker

U.S.A.

Post Number: 105
I don't know about their vc configs but a stereo integrity would be nice. a lil pricey though.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
I was looking today at maybe the Image dynamic ID12.v3? or the Tre TSX 12. What do you guys think about those two verses the others? And what is DLS?

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 699
swallow your pride , ha fu.ck u qweer we dont flow ur way

Gold Member

Post Number: 2318
if u can get that 940 watts up to around 1200-2000 at 4 or 1 ohm...invest in 1 AA hAvoc...
wont be dissapointed

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL

Post Number: 3251
DLS is a Swedish High-End Home and Car Audio Manufacturer.:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
P imp, I tried to send you a pm but you don't accept them,so I guess I have to tell you right here right now... I really don't think that you know who you are talking to, and because of that I am assuming that your comment was a joke. Anyway... Does anyone have a link to a site that has DLS subs?

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 482
http://www.dls.se/

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
wow those dls subs look pretty good! what would you guys go with Treo TSX 12's or dls mw12's?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us