Question!

Bronze Member
Username: Bies08

Wheaton, Kansas

Post Number: 57
So i got my subs last december....i had one of my friends put it in, and he's put in like 5 other ppls systems...so i figured i'd be ok....i have a MRD-M605 Class D amp...when the amp is on..the digital thing lights up....The amp doesn't always turn on...then once im driving, it'll turn back on then it' will turn back off....I think its my remote wire....someone said that you can run the remote wire straight to the fuse box..but wont hte amp be on all the time???i dont want ot take out the whole cd player and re do it...but i dont want to take it in and pay like 60 bucks to get JUST my remote wire redone...i dont know what to do...cuz last night i was at a party..adn some idiot put the stereo too high...and it sent too much current to my subs or somethign??idk my amp jsut said CUR...so yeah??idk

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 598
if the problem is the remote, why don't you do it yourself??

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 402
I think that your Ground is loose, but i dont know thats what use to happen to me cuz i never bolted mine down.

Bronze Member

Wheaton, Kansas

Post Number: 58
no..i know that i bolted it down...the ground is DA*N tight.....its gona be a pain in my @$$ to get off....but yeah...it know its tight enough....could it be too tight????and i dont know if i have my puller still????i know a kid who can get it out iwht a screwdriver..but yeah....

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 477
No, your ground cannot be too tight. It needs to be very secure and grounded to bare metal.

If you want to rerun your remote wire to your fuse box, you need to select a fuse that is switched, meaning that it only has power when the key is turned to acc. or all the way on.

Bronze Member

Wheaton, Kansas

Post Number: 61
I gotta nother ?....so i have a Alpine MRD-M605...my gain is set at .4....is there something wrong wiht this?

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 470
you should match your gain with your hu output, so if your hu is 5v have your gain matched to that.

Username: Audiorick

EDMONTON, ALBERTA CANADA

Post Number: 5
JAMES G;so if I run my remote to, say, my radio fuse, this would be considered switched.What would be the best switched fuse to use.thanx in advance
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us