My sub is making a weird noise....

Silver Member
Username: Monkey_man

Post Number: 425
Alright, as i was messing around with the settings on my new amp, i noticed that my idmax is making a high pitched noise. Like the motor is rubbing up against something. However, this only happens when it is turned up pretty loud. I also noticed that it makes this noise more often when the subsonic filter is turned on. what do u guys think it is?

Silver Member
Username: Fiber

Post Number: 203
subsonic filter I have no idea what that does

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 578
esspecially if you sub is in a ported box you want the subsonic filter on. that is so your sub only plays from 50 hz and below. you can damage your sub with it off because it trys to play the high notes too. no qutie sure what the high pitch noise is though.

Silver Member

Post Number: 426
ya it is a ported box... it sounds like the motor of the sub is rubbing up against something when the subwoofer flexes in. Like as if it needs to be greased up or something.

Silver Member

Post Number: 427
could it be from my amp clipping possibly??

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1035
subsonic filter filters out lower frequencies. when you play notes below the tuning freq. of your port then you loose woofer control. the filter is supposed to prevent this. what kind of amp do you have? turn the system off and move the woofer cone and see if there is any rubbing. push it in the center.

Silver Member

Post Number: 428
kk i have a coustic 1200db. I used to have a mtx(newer ones dont know which model) hooked up. And this one seems to pound harder. Even tho they are both rated the same. and my box is tuned to about 28 hz.

Silver Member

Post Number: 429
bump..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us