Subs Blown?

Bronze Member
Username: Ndfantp

Post Number: 16
Recently while driving I cranked up the stereo and my subs cut out and every couple of seconds they would make a popping noise. When I turn down the stereo the subs kick back in like normal.

I checked all of the connections and everything is connected right with no shorts. I found throught experimentation that when I turn the hpf up the subs will cut out. Basically the more power i push towards the subs they will cut out at increasingly lower volumes.

I don't know if I blew the subs partially ( if that's even possible) or whats happening. I know the amp isn't broken cause I hooked up an older amp that worked fine when I put it away a month ago and the problem persists.

Thanks for the help.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Forgot to include my system.

I have two SVC Pioneer 12 inch subs powered by a Kenwood KAC 9152d 1800 Watt max sub. The subs are connected to their own speaker output terminal on the amp.

Gold Member
Username: Goatin

Ohio U.S.A

Post Number: 1018
Havin all kinds of problems hu tony?LOL

Turn your gain down man.

or make shure your amp can handle those subs.

Silver Member
Username: Terry6405

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 742
i dont think its your subs but if you like you cancheck to see if the spider is torn, other than blowing thats the most comon sub damage

the spider is the braided wire that goes from the subs terminal(s) to the inside if the voice coil (pretty sure anyway)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Well both subs were running full tilt for the past month whenever I wanted them too with no problem. So I unhooked one sub and the same problem still happens. So I know this amp can handle it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Thanks for your suggestions guys.

Does anyone else have any ideas as to what the problem could be?

Silver Member
Username: Alex_f

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 779
My jl's make a popping noise when they see too much power.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1781
well wat the rms you have running to those subs not gonna look up the amp to lazy but maybe you need a new alt because you might not be getting enough power and then when alot of power is needed the amp is clipping and it will just cut off so it doesnt create any damage but check your gains also

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Charlie, What do you mean by,"well wat the rms you have running to those subs not gonna look up the amp to lazy."

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us