Subs Cutting Out

Username: Ndfantp

Post Number: 9
Recently my subwoofers started cutting out. At first I thought the amp died but I hooked up another amp that I knew worked and the subs also cut out with it. The Subs will hit at a low volume but die at higher volumes. I checked all of the signal cables and they seem to be connected right and have no shorts in them.

I have a Kenwood 1800 Watt max amp and 2 Pioneer 12 inch subs.

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 987
If your subs are DVC try checking them maybe a wire might have come loose or be crossed posibly makeing your impedance on your amp to great causing your amp to clip .

Post Number: 10
No my subs are SVC. The amp has two sets of speaker out puts so I have both subs connected to their own terminals.
I don't know much about Ohm's law and impedence etc. I read some articles about it but it is all fairly foreign to me.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
No my subs are SVC. The amp has two sets of speaker out puts so I have both subs connected to their own terminals. Both subs are cutting out so I don't think it is a connection problem to the subs.

I don't know much about Ohm's law and impedence etc. I read some articles about it but it is all fairly foreign to me.

Silver Member

U.S.A

Post Number: 989
were they playing ok before?

Silver Member

U.S.A

Post Number: 990
What or how high is your gain set?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Yeah they were pounding fine before. I moved them forward in my station wagon and they worked for a while then they just quit.

Silver Member

U.S.A

Post Number: 992
does your protection light come on on the amp?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
The gain is controlled by a remote control in the front seat. I don't know what its at but I tried all of the settings and it still didn't work.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
I do not believe it has one on it.

Silver Member

Ohio U.S.A

Post Number: 994
what is the model number of your amp?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15