TReo SSI came in today!!:-):-)

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 206
My 2 15s got here today! SWeet!! I'll try and have some pics for yall 2moro, but its prom for us, so idk if i'll be able to. I'll try and have em soon tho.
Anyone who can help me design a box feel free to help out.

Bronze Member
Username: Seth_walker

U.S.A.

Post Number: 37
Congrats man, i'm assuming you're going ported right? What are using to power them?

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 207
No amp yet..I'm going to buy them later, when i save up a lil more.
I'm taking the baffle and port off my L7 box, b/c its the biggest possible box to fit in my trunk.
I need one tuned to 35hz or so for SQL. the outside of the box is 16x21x38(HxWxD).

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2000
i got mine powered up the other day. Zapco 750.2 REF and 1.75 cubes sealed and stuffed. its loud as hell and i don't even have the gains on the amp up 1/4 of the way. played a 50Hz test tone and its gotta be close to my old 13W7.

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 38
soo...were u gonna use the 16" or the 21" side for the front?

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 151
Heres a sketh of one ive been tinkering with
Needs to be worked out tho...

Upload

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 39
This is what i came up with.
image/bmpUpload
box.jpg (98.8 k)

the port is 14.5x2 inches (29 sq. inches of port)and has 22.9 inches of effective length. the box is 2.33 cu. ft. Would this be what u are looking for? I'm pretty sure this would work but if am one else wants to input that'd be great.

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 40
Sorry that's so hard to see. How do you post in the forum? anyways the way i have it the subs would BARELY fit. Do subs need side clearance because what with what i figured they'll have .1875" clearance on the top and bottom, and .5" clearance on the sides.I used the 16x38 side to mount the subs.

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 155
Sorry try this oneUpload

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 41
On my previous design i made a slight mistake. I showed the port making a slight turn but in fact you don't need that part. just make sure the port ends 2" from the end of the wall. These figures give you a tuning really close to 35 hz. the port is actually about .08" longer than what it should be. this actually makes the tuning 35.6 hz according to my calculations.

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 42
Hey marc how are u posting those pics? are u using a certain file type?

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 157
Paint, resize to < 600x600 and save as JPEG try reducing by 45% 45% seems to work most times.

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 43
So heres my box.

Upload

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 160
nice job, man that things deep...

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 45
Ya I know. He said that the dimensions were 16" height, 21" width, and 38" depth. I wasn't sure if he wanted the face to be 16x38 or 21x38, so i just choose the 16x38 cuz it made it a bit easier to calc. Hey Jordan let me know if you want to use the other side as the face and i can prolly recalc it, that's if you wanna use my design. here's a bit better drawing. oh and i assumed 0.75" MDF.
Upload

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 208
The face is 16x38. the sides are 21x38

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 209
And those are all external measurements. I have to remove the trim around my trunk to fit it in, so its the biggest possible box i can use right now. Anybody have any carpeting tips? And does anybody know the Fs on my subs? On treos specs it says Fo=26hz but it doesnt say Fs, are these 2 the same?

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 211
And i forgot to mention, the front and back will be 1 1/2" instead of 3/4". I dont want my box crackin like B's did.Lol. shouldnt make too much of a diff. on volume or tuning tho should it??

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 47
The measurements on my box are to the outside. I cannot see why my design would not work. Like i said it's tuned to about 35.6hz. If anyone else wants to comment i'd love the input. And yes the Fo is the same as the Fs.

Silver Member
Username: Terry6405

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 724
i wouldnt use a port smaller than 3", at the very least

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 48
Even for a slot port? i had heard that you should stay below a 8:1 ratio on slot port? the total area is 29 sq. in. for 2.33 cu. in. so i know there's enough port are. can someone explain this?

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 212
Your box should work Seth. Thats how i'm going to try and build it

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3916
here is the recommended enclosure specs frome treo.

sealed-1.75 cu ft F3=35 HZ

ported-2.5 cu ft net, 25 sq in vent, 17.5 in long, F3=33HZ

i am assuming the F3 means the tuning frequency. i don't know why they have one for sealed but thats what it said on the sheet that came with my subs.

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 213
Alright. Where you said 2.5cu ft. net, does that mean after you have subtracted the port and sub displacement?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3918
2.5 cuft + 25 sq in vent area + 0.128 cu ft driver displacement = your gross box volume.

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 214
ok. I think I'm just going to make a quick sealed box today, b/c i have prom lunch in a few hours, but im not leavin til i have some kinda system hooked up.lol. I just need sum kinda bass for now.
Chad- Look at the last box seth posted. Does that look like it would work?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3921
that box looks nice. you might want to have the ports in the center though. incase you feel like firing the subs in to the cabin rather than firing them to the back. when firing the subs into the cabin, the ports in the center sounds better.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2751
where are the pictures of the SSI>> :-)

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1064
I got those two special edition chrome basket SSI 10's today and they are just beutifull, almost made me cry! I can only imagine what the 15's look like, can't wait to see the SSX 15! I will put up a post elsewhere or if Jordan doesn't mind maybe here along side his? Either way you will be in aweee, lol..Polo. :-O

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 215
Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 216
There yall go. Now you have pics. Go ahead and Post some Polo, i dont mind.
You can see thats theres some scrathes on them, but the cone and surround look almost new with the exception of one little nick in the surround of the one thats not in the box yet.
I've hooked both of them up and they work perfect, I would say not a bad buy for $260 shipped:-).Lemme know wat yall think, Right now that one is in a sealed box i had for my L7, its about 1.8cuft. and sounds really clear, but i only have 300 watts goin to it.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL

Post Number: 3226
those subs look meaty. i bet they sound terrific too:-):-)

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 219
Hopefully, 300 watts barely moved them tho. Just enough to make the mirrors shake a little. I cant wait till 2moro, I'm going to build my box. But I'm still going to need an amp, I cant decide on which one to buy.

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 61
If those are the dual 4 ohm models you could get that Wcc Orion 2500d for $450 on ebay. That should give you some power to work with.

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 221
They are the dual 4. Is there a difference in the orion 2500D and that Orion WCC edition?

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 62
From what i understand the Wcc's were made in china and that's why they're so inexpensive. But I think both B and Rovin have purchased them and can tell you that they're legit.

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 222
Ok. I'm also looking at some kicker amps, wats the difference between the kx/sx/zx series of amps? Has any one tried to the 06 model amps?

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1072
SX/KX series are 1ohm stable, the ZX is new and is 2ohm stable, all good amps but I prefer the KX or SX. I don't recommend this but I have a couple of SX 1250.1's and yesterday, all day I ran one of them at .5ohm and it did it without breaking a sweat! I did notice this is where multiple batteries will come in because it killed my one battery SUPER fast,lol. POlo.. :-)

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 223
This box will be 16"Hx34"Wx21"D. The port will be 14.5"Hx1.75"Wx17.5"D. This should give it 2.53cuft. volume and 25.375 sq.in. of port space, tuning it to 33hz as mentioned in Chads post earlier.

image/bmpUpload
ssibox2.bmp (57.7 k)

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 80
Will that work Jordan? if the width is 34" then after you subtract walls and ports you'd be left w/ 13.375" per sub and that wouldn't fit. Maybe you meant 38".

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1080
You do know you need a minimum of 3.5cf each ported BUT I talked to Wayne at tech services and tey recommend 4.45cf each for street use. Polo..

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 224
Yea...my bad. LoL. I guess i wasnt thinking.

Polo-Chad mentioned earlier that it was 2.5cuft. each that they needed from his spec sheet. what would you suggest?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3931
that is recomended cuft jordan from the ssi sheet. if you want to do more aggressive i suggest you build a bigger box. also is that box made out of plywood? if it is you should really think about making the next one with mdf.

i just placed my box where the backseat used to be today. i have them firing up and it is insane. the roof of my car was flexing so much. just imagine how it would be when my 260amp alt gets here. :-)

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 225
Yea thats plywood. The closest place to get MDF is about 40min drive. So i jus made a quick box for it until i got all teh designs done for my new one. So what size box would you recommend for loudest SQL? and what tuning?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3933
i'd say go with a 3 cuft net tuned to 33hz. it will bump hard that way. that is if you can fit a box that size in your car.

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 227
Would 4.5cuft. make much of a diff. vs. 3cuft?

Silver Member
Username: Zepcoe

TN Us

Post Number: 269
I also have purchased a 2500d orion amp and it is othentic the only down fall with that amp i have right now is it weighs a f*ckin ton but other than that it has more than enough power to power (2) 15 ssi's

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3937
"Would 4.5cuft. make much of a diff. vs. 3cuft?"

i would imagine it would sound a lot deeper. i don't see the point in going that big for the ssi's. afterall recommended ported is 2.5 so 3 cuft is good enough.

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 231
alright so lets say 3cuft. each. would that still mean 25sq in. of port per sub? According to the calc. my port should be 14.5x2 and 18.5in deep. Does that sound right to yall?

Bronze Member
Username: Northomaha

Post Number: 39
Sorry to interupt in this thread, but, would this box for the SSI 15"s work also for the TSX 15's?

Thanks alot

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 232
Chad has 2 TSX 15s, and from what i understand they sound good. I think he blew the back out of the box. Just check back when he posts again and he'll b able to tell you.

OH AND BY THE WAY....THE 15 IS FREAKIN LOUD! IM READY TO HOOK BOTH UP! :-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 218
I THINK THT WOULD BE 'B' WHO HAD THE TWO 15 TSX AND YES HE DID BLOW THE BACK OUT OF HIS BOX

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 233
OK. Sorry, got em confused.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3938
yeah i have the 2 ssi 12s. lol. i am no where near blowing up my box cause of my current alt situation but when i get my ho alt installed, let me see if i can blow it up. lol.

Bronze Member
Username: Northomaha

Post Number: 41
hey chad, sorry to ask again but you think the same box that jordan is gonna build will work for my two TSX 15s

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 242
I think it should. I'm going with 3cuft. net for each sub tuned to 33hz. Look at B's install in the Bragging Section, I think you should just make a replica of his box and call it a day, apparently that thing Pounds!! May wanna reinforce the back of it if you build one like it Lol.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3939
i think the tsx comes with 2 sets of ported enclosure specs. one for normal and one for aggressive. i am not sure on the specs cause i don't own a tsx nor does their site have it. your best bet is to ask B.

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 245
Where has B been? I havent seen him posting alot lately.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1082
I contacted Wayne over at tech services for Treo and was asking about the SSI. The SSI is optimum for a sealed enclosure that is why the ported enclosure volume/port area is so small for such a sub. Note on the sheet, the enclosure volume doesn't go up but the port area does just a little for the 18's? Stick to there recommendations, it is an SQ sub but will should still play LOUDLY. The recommendations for street performance on the SSX is 4.47cf and 50 in of port area, should be a monster, we'll see...Polo. :-)

PS- I have the SSI info on .pdf if anyone interested..:-)

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 255
Can you send me the SSI info Polo? So what kind of box would you recommend me build?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3674
Sealed Box for the SSI's

Sealed or Ported for the TSX's

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 258
You don't think the SSIs would be loud ported? I'm going for SQL, but a lil more toward SPL. I was going to make them 3cuft. each with 29sq.in. of port space, tuned to 33hz. Would this not work for SSIs?

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2756
im still alive... lol

the TSX aggressive ported is the same as the SSI agressive... 2.25 cubes I belive.. :-) The SSI even disregarding the specs, gets off even more ported... Chad Lee can explain some more of his own experinces..

Silver Member

TN Us

Post Number: 275
so ported or no port with SSI's?

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2757
either, or... its ur preference, it likes both! :-)

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 259
Zipcoe-I'm wondering the same thing.

B-What do you think i should do, I want my Treos to be as loud as yours. My Seville is about the same size as your LeSabre, so I'm kinda space limited, but not too bad. Would a box the same as your TSX box work for my SSIs?

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 263
i made my 12" TSX's a 2.25cu.ft with a port tuned to 32 Hz and tht B*I*T*C*H thumps like a fat person walking

Silver Member

TN Us

Post Number: 276
B was your box 3/4 inches thick and cracked?

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2758
my box was 3/4 yes, it blew the back off of it..
I dont think ur gonna get as loud as me.. :-) :-) and u dont need too... :-) Just be satisfied! For help aim me @ valeboykid@hotmail.com

Im gettin ready to start a thread in a lil bit, I got my new box over the weekend, made by last years 05 Db Drag WORLD Fianlist 3rd place...

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2759
Upload
BUMP

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 261
add me on AIM. my s/n is dipsetjls .
about how many db was your old system hitting?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us