Removing Amp

Bronze Member
Username: Dano9258

Post Number: 50
Hey guys

Im trading my car in for a new car in a week or two once my new one arrives. But i need to remove my system from my current car. My question is how do i remove the power cord that runs from the amp to the battery? It was installed and they used silicone to seal a drilled hole in the firewall. Anyway to cut this out? And then what do i use to plug it? THanks so much for the help in advance.

Dan

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1997
pull it off and leave it open, your trading the car in....

Bronze Member
Username: Dadydolas

Post Number: 57
you could just unhook it from the battery and leave it if your lazy

if you decide to remove it I would unhook it from the battery first then use a knife to cut the silicone or you may just be able to pull it out and then if you want to reseal the hole just use silicone again
if you have trouble getting it to stay put tape on the inside of the hole silicone it let it dry then remove the tape

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
I dont want the guy to get killed if there is a fire. They could come back at me for that. And you cant pull it out....its liked stuck in there. How do i get the silicone off?

Dan

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
Robert.....I didnt do the silicone. What tools would i need for that? Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 971
just unhook the power line fuse and the rest of the line that runs to the battery.

I would leave it all in, wire kits are cheap unless it is 1/0 wire or something.

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 156
Cut it at the firewall, leave that bit of wire in the silicone there to keep it sealed...pick up a big grommet and silicone that over it...just dab the back and glue it on..

Bronze Member
Username: Dadydolas

Post Number: 58
just buy a tube of silicone at your local hardware store and squeeze it on there

marc had a good idea but make sure you un-hook it from the battery first and i would just cut it and leave it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us