Need 600w RMS SPL subs.

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 474
I'm currently running two DA D612D4 subs in sealed enclosure with a Kicker KX1200.1. I can't help but wonder how much more bass I can have with a vented enclosure and some SPL subs. What would you guys recommend for pure SPL subs in the 600w RMS range? I'm open for suggestions on one DVC 2 ohm 15 around 1000w-1200w RMS if anyone thinks that's the better SPL option for me. I'd just like to have another enclosure and sub(s) to switch out for SPL purposes.

Silver Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 117
how much are you willing to spend

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 476
Budget doesn't really matter, but I'm all for saving money. Looking for lots of suggestions, then I'll research the various subs.

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 966
I know you said spl but with that amp you could run 2 12" alpine R's they are 500rms and sql but they can take 600 easy and have a lot of spl, trust me.
If you decide to get R's tune it to 35Hz I just built a 3.5 cuft box for my R's @35hz it has a 5" port. lol

Or if you wanted all kicker how about 3 12" 400rms CVR's they are not in my opinion any good but they are more twards spl.
And cheap!!

Bronze Member
Username: Paogr

AthensGreece

Post Number: 15
I think 2 of these would be pretty good:
Cerwin Vega V-Max 12.4 600wrms.

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Post Number: 154
that amp puts out a little more power than it says, i'd get some ascendant audio arsenals. they are recomended at 600w rms but can handle 750w rms. good sound quality too.

Silver Member
Username: Winterfreshpimp

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 250
aa and alpine would be more on an sq side, id go with 2-12inch l7 for pure spl, or 2 cvx's to retain a little sq

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 101
why do you guys answer this, but not mine??

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1525
i've got 2 12" orion HCCA;s.

dual 2 ohm, 600rms...email me if your interested

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 558
what about one 15" kicker L7? i have not heard one, only seen one in a car sudio shop. it is massive and with 1200wrms it would have to be really loud.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us