Questions about hpf & lpf

Bronze Member
Username: Hmpadilla

Gilbert, AZ

Post Number: 78
Just installed my new deck (pioneer mp680) and I have questions on setting it up.I'm running the stock door speakers and a pair of 10's off a Hifonics 5ch amp.The amp has both low and high filters plus bass eq for sub.Should I use the crossovers in the amp or the deck? Also radio doesn't seem to play very loud unless I turn it WAY up.Don't have that problem with cds though.They seem to play about twice as loud.Appreciate any help.I can't believe how much better the system sounds with just a new deck,but I know it can sound better.

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 473
Songs on the radio just don't jam like CDs.

I would set the X-Overs on the amp to a certain point, then fine tune it using your deck when needed. For example, my mono amp has a full-time LPF. I have it set at about 90hz or so, then I adjust it lower with my deck depending on what I'm listening to. I have 80hz and 60hz preset into my deck and switch it back and forth on certain music.

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 970
I have the 860 model and my amp for my subs LPF is set high like 100 hz I prefer the HU's crossover because I can change it for different songs or cd's but as far as your door speakers I would set that on the amp but if yours is anything like mine you can use the crossover on the HU if you want.

Bronze Member
Username: Hmpadilla

Gilbert, AZ

Post Number: 79
Thanks Guys.That's pretty much what I've been doing.Switching back and forth depending on song.But I listen to such a wide variety of music,that sometimes the song is over by the time I get it set up the way I want.Oh well.I'll just keep messing with it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us