Possible FIRE my way?

Username: Vafire10

Post Number: 3
I have 8ga. power going to the back/Org.I got the wireing packedge for 350 watts if this helps. The amp it is normalily connected to is a SONY 600 watt amp. I currently have 1 12" Sony. peak 1100 watts. My question to you professionals is there anyway i can run a second AMP the same as i have and not be worried about pulling to much power through my power wire causeing it to heat/melt/Fire? Or do i need to be rewired for more watts? Thank You,

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 421
what amp you got and what's it putting out?
for future reference, when refering to amps/subs, always go rms, peak doesn't mean anything.

and i'm not an expert or anything but if your even concerned just move up to 4 gauge.

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1439
imo, I wouldn't run 2 amps off 8 gauge

Post Number: 4
my sub is 100watts RMS.. Amp is i think 125watts per channel. this amp is a 3/4 channel amp whatever this means.. Currently i have the SUB pulling from two channels.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2741
8ga is TINY! I have used that as sub wire and NOT power wire before! You will need to upgrade your wire size runing from the front to the back, with a new fuse to protect that wire!
Atleast 4ga wire!

Gold Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1164
400 watts RMS is the most your gonna wanna runb of 8 g power wire

Post Number: 5
Could i just wire it for 1000 RMS from a new car batt. in the trunk, instead of running a whole new power the length of the car?. I wanted to mabye just jump the ground there on the current AMP and also the same for the RCA and remote. Is this at all ok to do?

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1528
....uh, you're asking to set something on fire...

just got with a new 4ga amp kit...getting cheap wire is the worst thing you can possibly do.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us