Infinity 12dvq Exp.

Bronze Member
Username: Budling

Cali USofA

Post Number: 20
I was curious to see if any Infinity users were out there. Tryin to find exp. for references. Please tell me about your setup if so.

What size box,tuned, sealed or ported?
What amp powering it/them?
What auto was/is it in?
How did they sound? Sq or Spl or both?

Thanx for reply's, just tryin to get the most from my 12dvq.

Silver Member
Username: Shawnomak

Sask Canada

Post Number: 236
I have 2 12" 1230s (not dual voice coil.)
They sounded great in the sealed box i had them in, but i made my own ported box tuned to 33hz and I LOVE IT.. sounds great, nice sq. I have an Infinity 310A amp powering them. i know its underpowering them but still gets loud. Im in the process of looking onto other amps that will power them right. I have my system in a 1989 pontiac grandam. The back seats fold down thats where i have the amps mounted. They are sound quality subs, but for the money id say they are great! get loud enough for me. A couple pics:
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Shawnomak

Sask Canada

Post Number: 238
Hope that helps you out a but.. I have last years model, the 1230'.. do you have the 1242? dvc? i like the look of the new infinities.. the bridge thing across with the infinity logo. looks nice.

Bronze Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 68
I have 2 of the Perfect 12.1s...

As for the box... It's a poorly built prefab box, with big port for the both of them... I think it came to 4" across and 6" deep....

Powering them by an Infinity 7541 amp bridged to 2 channel... I know, mono is better, but It's all I have right now :P

It's been in a GMC truck, and in a 4runner...

They sound GREAT!

Quite a bit of SPL, and sound amazing at the same time...

Bronze Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 69
BTW, I am getting them metered tomorrow hopefully, will post results in a new thread

Bronze Member

Cali USofA

Post Number: 22
Kool Tyler im interested in how it comes out.

I have some 1230w's as well Shawn. That was my old setup and it used to bang, but I needed more. You could definatly use another amp for those subs. This post is about the 12dvq though, as in variable Q.
http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio/product.aspx?ProdId='KAPPA+PERFECT12DVQ'&Ser=KPE&Cat=SUB
Thanx for your reply's

Bronze Member

Cali USofA

Post Number: 23
Here is a different link:
http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio/10946_eprint.pdf

Bronze Member

Cali USofA

Post Number: 26
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Seth_walker

U.S.A.

Post Number: 34
Im runnin two sealed 12.1d's. I'm powering them with an Orion 8002. Although their sq is excellent, I really don't like them all that much. I'm more of the SPL type. hopefully I can get a new system soon.

Silver Member
Username: Dankum

California

Post Number: 265
If u had them in a ported setup u could get more spl. I like both sq and alot of spl, hopefully I can acheive that with the 12dvq. Tryin to stick with all Infinity.

Bronze Member
Username: Seth_walker

U.S.A.

Post Number: 49
Ya i'm probably gonna make a ported box before i upgrade and see how that helps em out. Hopefully it'll help the low end cuz i find that's where they lack the most.

Silver Member

California

Post Number: 266
just do your homework when u build it. infinity suggests 1.75 vol. at 32 for a single 12.1.

Silver Member

California

Post Number: 267
32 hertz sorry
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us