How do you know when your Gain is set correctly.

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 922
How do you know when your Gain is set correctly.

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 196
when it matches the voltage of your pre-outs

wich is when it sounds best, or should but do whatever soudns good i wouldnt go over 3/4 or it will start clipping

Bronze Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 40
how bad is clipping your subs?
ive had my gain all the way up for about three months now and my M3's are perfectly fine???im putting like 700rms to each
there only rated for 600 i think, maybe 500

Silver Member

U.S.A

Post Number: 932
How can you tell when your voltage matches your preouts ?

Silver Member

U.S.A

Post Number: 934
Troy you would know if you were clipping your subs. What Amp do you have?

Bronze Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 41
i have a massive 1500d, its blown now, but yeah, i tested em playing, what you know TI, at listening volume, and it was 1450@1.5ohms to the pair
so im def not gonna say anyhting bad about the amp, but my gain has been all the way up, in my trunk my subs are completely distorted, but up front they sound great

Silver Member

U.S.A

Post Number: 937
The words 'great' and 'distorted' should not be used in the same sentence to describe a good setup..

I am guessing you have a 1500D Brutus amp witch is only 2 ohm stable so that 1.5ohm + Cranked gain will= Blown amp

Just out of curiosity what does it sound like outside your car I'm guessing a rattlebox.lol

Bronze Member
Username: Stnorris

Post Number: 22
Haha. Rave'n, why are you trying to act like a badas*s. Your trying to act like troy is an idiot. You dont even know how to set your preouts to amp. Haha. Try looking up your HU and see what volts it puts out.

Bronze Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 47
first of all di.ck i have a MASSIVE amp, thats why i said that... second, my car sounds terrible from out side, and i know that, im raising money to buy dynamat, but my amp blew so there goes that. any way the MASSIVE amp is 1 ohm stable, i think it was just defective. i just want to know if my subs are gonna go next.. and it does sound great in the car, open the trunk, you have straight cr.ap

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
I dont understand how you could open the trunk and it sounds like straight sh.it. That doesnt make any sense. maybe your subs are already starting to go. either that or they cant handle the rms your putting into them. You said you were giving each sub 700 rms, but you said your subs might only be 500....im not quite sure whats wrong with your system.

Silver Member

U.S.A

Post Number: 940
Steve I am not trying to act hard my preouts are 6.5 I knew that I was trying to ask a question because my amps instructions were pointless and there are only (+) and (-) on the gain setting
I wasnt calling troy a idiot YOU IDIOT !I was offering my opinion .I coud only imagine what your crappy system sounds like.

Bronze Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 49
nope, i checked the subs there only 300rms?? 600 max
why havent they blown?

Bronze Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 52
hey retard.... my amp is a MASSIVE, as in the brand MASSIVE, about those subs... how can they not be blown... im 100% sure i was getting 1450rms

Silver Member

U.S.A

Post Number: 942
what subs are you talking about?

Bronze Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 57
the M3's they are rated at 300rms/600max im putting 725rms to them... they should be blown right? bout two weeks of loud volume

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
what the hell do you have to be talking sh.it rave'n?

Silver Member

U.S.A

Post Number: 950
Steve why dont you take a minute to reread this thread and tell me who started talking shiz first kid.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6823
Ok, from what i have gathered from reading this thread, i have concluded, Troy ur amp does not put out 1400rms(overrated trash, no offence), and since it sounded distored from distance that lets me no that u where clipping ur subs, ur amp just sux....

Either set ur amp to the pre-outs on ur HU, or turn the gain all the way down, turn the volume to 3/4, and slowly turn the gain until it sounds about right, after that walk away from ur car and see if it still sounds distorted, (I BET IT WONT)

Bronze Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 55
Hahaha you people crack me up... Can i get in the $hit talking to? That is a good question up there, How the hell did the subs not blow they were both getting about 150watts more then recommened max right? Do you smell a funny smell when the speakers hit, maybe they blew but not to bad i had a pair of Poweracoustik FUBR 12's that blew on me and they sounded just as good after wards except they wouldnt sound as clean once i would higher them much more... but also left that smell of a blown speaker in my trunk for a few months....

Silver Member

U.S.A

Post Number: 952
Thank you Chauncy thats all I wanted to know

Bronze Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 60
ok.... the subs only sound distorted if your head was basically in the trunk.... the amp, i tested at 1450 watts avg at my listening volume. there is no smell only distortion

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6844
how did u test ur amp, what methods did u use???

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6846
Upload

Bronze Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 66
dmm AC volts then put it in the 12 volt conversion thing with 1.5 ohms. i used an ohm meter to check the ohms

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 689
Distortion
An undesired change in the waveform of a signal.
A consequence of such a change, especially a lack of fidelity in reception or reproduction.

Bronze Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 71
ok??

Silver Member

Post Number: 690
for sum reason i cant post whut i wanted to say....to many questionable words....?????anyway u shouldnt have ur gains turned all the way up...ill explain later cant right now...LMAO

Bronze Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 73
oh i know i shouldnt, i jus was wondering how my subs arent blown, am i just lucky and i should stop or what

Silver Member

Post Number: 692
yes stop NOW.....it might sound loud as H3LL in the inside of the car but it will eventually blow...and u will be very upset..very very upset....ur not lucky...its just that subs can take clipping for a little while....the chain of failure for speakers goes like this.....tweeters..speakers......subs

Bronze Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 80
ok... theve been lke this for about three months... is that normal?

Bronze Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 59
Sounds like my system before i got the drycells... Tweeters scream at you until the bass comes in...Then the tweeters are sounding half as loud as they just were... what is the voltage level that is rated as being clipped? Less than 12.5V?

Bronze Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 82
uhhh. im misunderstanding your question

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2745
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=143

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1061
I watched the demo but the only thing I don't get is i always thought an amplifier doesn't produce power unless it has a load and by disconnecting the sub there wouldn't be power unless the DMM is producing its own internal resistance? If this is the case how are you supposed to control this to get the desired voltage reading unless you use a "dummy load" ? Polo..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us