Planet Audio VX900D

Bronze Member
Username: 20la20

Franklin, TN U.S.

Post Number: 47
i got this amp running 3 10" Kicker CVRs...4 ohm dvc i think....well the amp is an 850.1 but im not sure its giving the subs enough power for their potential...is this amp big enough for these subs or am i underpowering them? also, my subs are really really loud inside my car...louder than most other systems...my friend has 3 10" JLs and mine is alot louder...but outside my car it doesn't travel but like 20 feet...just wondering if this amp is supplying these subs with enough power

Silver Member
Username: Bradgman

GAlVeStoN, Tx Usa

Post Number: 179
no its not enough with the ohm load its getting. Try 2 on that amp or if you want the VX2200, I have one thats like Brand New for $300 Shipped if you want it. That will push them even at that load. 2.67ohm is what your at now most likely. The amp is like new and I am not using it right now. I have several of them. The vx1400 is about $250 shipped so its not worth getting over the 2200. Planet Audio Amps are awesome. that amp can blow two of those subs bc @ 1 ohm

Bronze Member

Franklin, TN U.S.

Post Number: 49
well i cant just lose money on that amp like that...are you willing to trade? let me know...so my VX900D is not pushing enough power to them?

Silver Member

GAlVeStoN, Tx Usa

Post Number: 187
Sell it. Yeah I will give you $100 for it. Thats what I get them for if you buy this one. I will not trade you an awesome amp for a crappie amp though for nothing.
thanks

Bronze Member

Franklin, TN U.S.

Post Number: 52
how about $200 for it...its only a couple of months old and has no signs of wear or tear...perfect condition...and i will only need the 1400...so ill arrange to send you $50 and my amp...deal?

Silver Member

GAlVeStoN, Tx Usa

Post Number: 188
sell it or return because I can get the 900 for like $100 new. You dont want the 1400, you want the 2200. The 1400 will not fully push them and the re-sale value is about $200 less. The Vx2200 is a $1000 amp. I have a link for that amp I will add on. Anyways Sell it or return it and make $200 and then it will only cost you $100 to upgrade to a $400 better re-sale value amp. you can sell it on ebay in two years and make money on it.
Write me at BradrGilman@yahoo.com please.
thanks
brad

http://www.superstereowarehouse.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_15& products_id=643&zenid=bc344025f67ba33c4edbabb1b0b6aa6a

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 468
That amp can be found for alot less on other websites. I don't trust their ratings. They only list RMS ratings at 2 and 4 ohms. They list MAX ratings at 1 ohm. Hmm.

Bronze Member

Franklin, TN U.S.

Post Number: 60
yeah im not sure i trust their ratings either...im thinkin bout selling this amp and gettin a kicker to push my subs...i actually am tryin to sell my whole system and get a new one...know anyone lol? anyways, that 2200 is way too big..i only need 900 wrms and it gives 1200 at 2 ohms...so its too much

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 571
it should push a good amount of power at 1 ohm that's clear, but that price, hmm? better get some hifonics man

Silver Member

GAlVeStoN, Tx Usa

Post Number: 189
Hifonics suck, its a lot more powerful than the kicker 1200/1 too. I have had both of them and the 1200/1 couldn't even blow the L7 15" but the planet audio was even @ 2ohms half way turned up. It was moving it a lot even on low power. Anyways, do what you want.
Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us