What subs??

Silver Member
Username: Talon_es93

Post Number: 171
hey i'm thinkin about puttin 6 15"s in my 93 eagle talon...but i want some cheap ones for now juss to get started what ones would you recomend?? i was thinkin like some kicker C15 if i can find any.. well just some cheap ones that sound pretty good but i wanna end up with prolly some 15" CVRs b/c i think thats all i'll be able to handle in that car with out breakin my glass.. it already has leaks from previous systems

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 332
6 15"s in a talon!! is that even possible?

you must be taking out the rear seat or something cause i don't think that'll fit, i've been in those cars and their pretty small. why not just a good pair of 12"s or something?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7524
"6 cheap 15s"

- how does that any sense !?

if u want something cheap 4 now u might as well get 2 12s http://ascendantaudio.com/assassin_page.html ......

Silver Member

Post Number: 172
but i wanna get the box made with for 6 15"s right now and the buy a bigger amp then buy the comps... and ya i think 6 15"s can fit without takin out the back seat but i'm still gunna take it out... and i'm goin with 6 15"s instead of 2 good 12"s b.c. i like to be able to say i have 6 15"s in that lil car.... but who knows maybe i'll just go with 4 of them to get a few extra cubic inches/feet for each sub

Silver Member

Post Number: 173
hey rovin member me from a while ago i was the 17 yr. old that was gunna have a kid and every one was tellin me for get about ur pure bass car and take care of your kid and all that... well my kids was just born on the 24th... you prolly don't care but i juss wanted to let someone know... feels good

Silver Member
Username: Fiber

Post Number: 188
how do you plan on carrying your kid and wife around babies need carseats how are you going to do that with 6 15's in the back

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 333
IF you can fit 6 15"s, or 4, i wouldn't just start out with cheap ones than move up. each sub will sound different in different boxes. i'd get the box made to fit the subs you want to get and keep, not just cheap temp subs.

and please post pics when this install is done, i got to see it!

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7526
ya i remember u - congrats dude , take care of little "what u a call him"......Upload

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca

Post Number: 388
I got a friend that has 6 12's on a 98 eclipse gsx. They are xtants 12's they hit hard but yes you do have to remove the back seat.

Silver Member

Post Number: 174
this ain't my family car... i went threw this before already.. i been using my suburban..think imma take off the 20s and put on the stocks for a smoother ride... and also for a regal but the hits the pot holes to hard with the low profile tires and i'm also gettin my 67 impals runnin..its a 4 door and big as hell so the 6 15"s in that car won't get in the way of a carseat... and he got his first name after me... D'Angelo Xavier

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
so i should juss buy the CVRs right away instead of gettin cheap ones the upgradin?

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1318
I sure hope you got money set aside for alt and big 3 upgrade

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7527
i really dont see the need for 6 15s - 4 15s for the most is good enough unless ur going comps

4 HAVOCS will have u bumping seriously & its cheap too ....

http://ascendantaudio.com/havoc_page.html

powered by 1 SoundStream XXX 5000D amp .....

Silver Member

Post Number: 176
i was lookin into hifonics amps and MA audio amps... they say they put out alot and are cheap... but if i go with the havoc i'll prolly just go with 2 of them... that should hit hard in a big azz ported box pushed rite

Silver Member

Post Number: 177
but if i'm goin to spend that much then maybe just go with a solo-x or the mtx rfl

Silver Member

Post Number: 178
maybe just 4 12"s i'm thinkin now.. b.c. i member i had 2 12"s xlopds and 2 12" cheap audiobahns in the talon and it hit like a mother so maybe 4 good subs would be good enough.. maybe 2 12"s and 2 15"s.. maybe some subs a lil bit better then the cVRs... whats a sub thats a lil better then CVRs but about the same... maybe like 50-80$ more

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1319
"maybe 2 12"s and 2 15"s.."

Don't do that. Never mix subs....it will sound like crap

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7528
want a very decent setup cheap !? - 4 12s type Rs 1222D model & i of this amp
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/218708.html

box doesnt take up much space either ,1.65cu ft each, 3" pvc ported to 33hz & u will rock !

4 Rs = $400 + $450 amp & build ur own box ....

Silver Member

Post Number: 179
i really like how type-rs sound ...(i blew out a pair bout a month ago).. but i just don't like the fact that they come apart after flexing them good... and crvs are about the same arn't they but they are stitched around and they're cheaper.... and i'v mixed subs before and sound good...cheaps azz subs too

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1330
"(i blew out a pair bout a month ago).. but i just don't like the fact that they come apart after flexing them good"

Well you never hooked them up right. You must of had your gained maxed or something. You shouldn't be able to blow a sub apart by giving it the right power and and knowing how to adjust it properly

Silver Member

Post Number: 180
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=219 don't you think this amp would be good enough???.. them subs don't need to much to push em

Silver Member

Post Number: 181
oh ya... and do you think that set can get me up to about 130 db or around there some were

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7558
man if ur willing 2 spend $350 on a Hifonics u may as well put 100bux more & get that wcc amp , best bang 4 $ amp deal i'm seeing around now ....

Silver Member

Post Number: 182
hifonics no good or what..well what about the MA Audio HX1298

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1331
hifonics is good budget stuff, but that wcc amp is MUCH better and is only 100 more

Silver Member

Post Number: 183
well about the subs... the CVRs are just as good as the type-rs right... i had 2 Rs in my suburban before and right now i have 2 CVRs and i think i like the CVRs more

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1610
hifonice as james said is really goo for a budget but they are really overrated you almost have to get 1 way above what u want it for if you now what i mean

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7560
1 wcc amp & 2 12/15s RE SX & ur good 2 go man - less than $1000 total....

Bronze Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 65
hm if u got a kid and wife my advice sell that car get no subs and save your money you are gona be wishing you did in the near future case you are gona need the money. Rasing a family isnt cheap especially a baby kid. Keep that other family car u have, your wife dosnt want u to spend all your money on stuff you dont need trust me..Ya subs are great but not when u have a family to support.

Silver Member

Post Number: 184
i have money saved man and we're gettin alot of help from both our familys and WHEN that day comes to sell off a car i will do so but for now every thing is goin smooth so uk... and i'm not gettin everything all at once just one sub at a time but thanks for your consern man

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1334
"1 wcc amp & 2 12/15s RE SX & ur good 2 go man - less than $1000 total...."

That will pound in a little talon

Silver Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 558
wit six 15 in a car he must be a good box makin machine cuz even is alot of surface area if is not installed properly it ca sound as crap i suggest two 18 inch subs or 4 or maybe 6 12 inch cuz if u do that bro and a box for 6 and maybe if u want to do it ported its gonna take a while and alot of work if u dont do that your subs are gonna sound like cr@p so u better be a expert on boxbuilding cuz maybe if u do a box with 6 and is not good enough u cant even hit 130 db

Silver Member

Post Number: 185
can i hit in the 130s with 4 12" CVRs... i member some g@y lookin dude from my town went to compete in his lil CRX and he had 2 lil 10" CVRs and he said he was hittin like 164..

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2081
that guy is so full of $hit its running out of every pore in his body

Silver Member

Post Number: 186
lol... nuh... but can i get to hit some kinda high number with 4 12" CVRs .. maybe i will go with 6 12" at the end not sure yet... depends how 4 of them sound

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2082
4 12's have the potential to get very loud ... theres a video on roe of 4 cvrs and it looks very nice

Silver Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 560
i know dude cvr get really loud i saw some dude hit 143.5 wit a single 12 and 2 12 hittin 156 but it was in big @ss ported box im not sayin ur not gonna hit 150 maybe u do maybe u dont is on the install theres subwoofers that get insane loud but in certain ranges of boxes and volumes of the boxes but if they are not in the right box a sony xplod can beat the crap of that sub yes u can maybe hit like 150 or more but is on the install the way your subs are mounted the power u givin them and million facts and the chargin system ofcourse

Silver Member

Post Number: 187
so prolly just 2 12" or maybe 15" CVRs can give me what i want????if thats the case then all i need is them 2 subs and some wood to make me a box and i'm good to go... i have an amp right now that pushes them really good and can prolly handle another one or 2 of them.... maybe i'll even go with 18"s.. were would i be able to get those.. i can never find em
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us