OT- KN outerwear

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1674
i have a kn airfilter and outerwear on my blaster, and i just got done cleaning the airfilter, and i noticed that the outerwear is dirty as h3ll, i was wondering if any1 knew how to clean it, my dad said some "dawn" dish soap and hot water would do, but i heard from another person that you need a special cleaner that breaks down the oil and dirt.

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 765
ok dude, ive been racing dirtbikes since i was 7, im 20 now, just to give u some credentials.

paint thinnner or gas will get the oil/grease that u have to spray on the filter(filter spray) when u put it in ur bike.

ok so after u dip ur dirty air filter in gas, while makin sure u dont let any dirt that might come off of the filter to get on the inside of it, and get all the grease off, sqeeze it real good, assuming its foam like my twin air filters for my bike. ok now u can put it in a bucket with water and not too much soap, but enuff. and dip it in, but dont touch the bottom of the bucket, all the dirt goes there. just keep dipping and squeezin until the filter looks clean or brand new. after that, spray it lightly with some water, just water, to get any soap that might be left in it.

also while sprayin water on it, i know me and my bro do this, put a lil soap on it again and just keep flushing it out til its clean. u can do this if u want. our race bikes are very important to us, so we try and keep every part as clean as possible after racing.

then when its all done, let it dry, then respray ur filter and slap it in ur bike.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1675
well i allready cleaned the airfilter, i just need to clean to outerwear, thats the thing that goes over the filter to keep the filter cleaner longer, and you should switch to KN airfilter there so much better than uni, twin air, and the rest of those foam airfilters.

Bronze Member
Username: Maniac

Post Number: 49
okay since you guys seem to know about bikes my cousin has a quad not sure what king but its a 250cc any way when we put it in park the wheels are still spinning lol it still gets the gears and all runs fine but when you are stopped you have to press the break but the wheels still spinning even though its on park wtf happend to it lol were thinkin its the tranny

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1677
easy, your clutch is stickin, just buy a clutch kit for it and it should be fixed, but if it still does it then your trans is messed up majorly.

Silver Member

Post Number: 771
well if u already cleaned the filter properly, just do the same thing for the outerwear. dip it in gas, soap, and rinse.

and as for changin to KN, never. i have used twin air forever. i clean my air filter after every 3 rides. all of our friends who ride and work at motorbike shops dont use KN. now im not sayin that u should switch, but im just sayin y i wont. the foam filters have been workin fine. plus none of the pros like McGrath, Windham, Carmichael, Stewart, etc. use KN.

as for ur quad lil one, i have no idea lol. ive only ridden dirtbikes. my bro might be able to tell u something about that. he used to work at a motorbike shop, and was a part time mechanic for the shop. ill ask him tonight or tomorrow.

Silver Member

Post Number: 772
jesus i take intirely too long to post. lol

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1680
LOL, i know people who are loyal to their foam filters, but i seen a demo once and it shocked me how much more air the kn allows through, but every1 i talk to says foam is better for dunes or dusty riding conditions.

Silver Member

Post Number: 773
yeah down here in Louisiana, most of the tracks i race on are dusty cuz the trck owners are usually lazy potheads or just lazy redneck coonasses. we might not spray as much filter spray as u might on a KN filter, just a thought. i know we take it real easy on the spray to let more air flow. plus its most likely a 6 or 7 lap race. not all that much time for a lot of dust to get in. especially if ur up front. :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Maniac

Post Number: 50
alright thanks guys i knew it might be a trans problem well i asked tmy friend if that was the only thing wrong he said yeah but he tld me when he had it parked his little brothr was fu ck!in with it and he thinks he might of been moving the gears back and forth lol if thats what you call it the litle thing were you change the gears. So he might of messed something up there how much should i expect from a shop to get this fixed?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us