A Couple of quick questions

Bronze Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 66
Using the same mono amp...why do my 2-10's sound better than my 1-12? I would think the 12 would be louder, because the amps not splitting power to 2 subs, but the 2-10's sound louder and have better quality.
Second question>Since I have the 12 hanging around, I hooked it up to the amp along with the 2-10s that are already on it. The whole thing played good for about 10minutes or so, and actually hit louder than the 2-10s. Then the amps protection light came on. I have the rem wire wired through a toggle switch, so I can turn it off when the cops are around, or when I don't want to be so loud. Anyway, I could turn the toggle off, then back on, and everything would work for a few second, then the protection light would come on again...why. I am guessing because 3 subs make the amp unstable. guess I may have to get a 2nd amp to power just the 12.
ok people, there we go.. answers please. and thanks!!

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 826
Man what kind of 10's and 12's are they and what ohm ??
What Amp are you useing?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
ALPHASONIK Q-REFERENCE 10'S
VISONIK 12
VISONIK 35O WATT AMP
Sorry dont know the ohms on the subs, but they are all SVC. maybe I can check on the internet and find out what the ohms are

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
OK, it looks like the alphasoniks are 4ohm...still trying to find out what the visonik is

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
here's the closest thing I can find to the visonik 12 and amp. my sub isnt red, but still looks the same, and my amp is only 350watts not 400.
www.sonicelectronix.com/item_5364.html

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2761
if they are SVC entry level subs...they are most likly 4ohm or 8ohm. 4ohm would be more common though.

also, if you ran just one 4ohm 12" to that amp...the amp only produced about half the power it would produce at 2ohms (ex, w/ the 2 SVC 4ohm 10s)

So in reality, w/ the 2 10's...your amps should be producing nearly twice the RMS power that is would w/ just the 1 12".

in a perfect world...every time you half your resistance, power would double. This is why amps rated at 300wrms @ 4ohms can produce 1200wrms at 1ohm.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2762
also...if your amp is only 2ohm stable and your try to run all 3 subs to it (and they are all SVC 4ohm) it would see 1.33ohm.

you could very well burp your amp up like that.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
BURP or BURN?

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 764
prolly burn

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2764
burn*....sorry bout that

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
Guess I better not do that again then, but I am plenty happy :-) with my 2-10s!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us