SS RL-p vs.........

Silver Member
Username: Jprix82

Post Number: 517
What other subs(RE,Treo,JL)would these subs compare to SPL wise and SQ wise?

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 665
Stereo Integrity Mag would own it. You could say it is like the Elemental Design Ov.2 series just with a better low end. IDMAX is neck and neck with it. SQ wise its one of the better ones out there but it lacks the low end of say the Treo SSi, Mag, IDMAX, Brahma or SX. W6 is the closet to it in SQ. Overall output is quite good but tends to excel in the 42-55hz range while my Mag does best in the 34-45hz range.

Bronze Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 94
alter, so for the money would u rec. the rl-p or ID MAX? also isnt the brahma like 1600 rms? thats way out of these subs leagues..

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3600
RL-p unless you can find the ID MAX which you aren't since ID is going thru a change and relocating. They wont be making any ID MAX's or a replacement until summer somtime.

Gold Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1102
keep in mind alter the mag is more than double the price :p .. if you got the money though definately go for it

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Post Number: 2341
"it lacks the low end of say the Treo SSi, Mag, IDMAX, Brahma or SX. W6 is the closet to it in SQ. Overall output is quite good but tends to excel in the 42-55hz range while my Mag does best in the 34-45hz range."

What's up Alt? I believe (again) that you are refering to a sealed app. The rl-p is a low-end monster in the proper ported enclosure. Tune it to 28hz and it will move all the way down.

"so for the money would u rec. the rl-p or ID MAX? also isnt the brahma like 1600 rms? thats way out of these subs leagues.."

I've owned the Brahma. Great sub (excellent). But in no way will it do anywhere remotely close to 1600w. That was an extremely cheap (but very effective) marketing gimmick by Adire. They just used a different power rating all together (IEC 268-5) from the typical car audio driver. Regardless, it is more like 500-800 watts capable.
I was in the same dilemma between the id max and the rl-p. The Rl-p is the best of the two for the $ spent imo. Especially when you take into consideration the great cust serv at SS.
Mine is on order :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Kbenz47

Rochester, New York United States

Post Number: 31
Mine in is my trunk :-)

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Post Number: 2347
What's your install keith?

Bronze Member
Username: Little_jim

Post Number: 17
Where can I get SS rl-p12's for a decent price?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3604
www.soundsplinter.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us