Speaker box idea (cylinder)

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 499
i have no where to put my infinity reference 6 1/2" speakers so i came up with and idea to put them under my dash in 5" pvc pipe, i seen this idea/ or heard of it on here i believe and was jsut wondering if anyone had pics of there setups utilizing pvc pipes for there speakers or of other peoples set ups? thanx in advance advance

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 500
ne one?

Bronze Member
Username: Chevy4life

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 59
can't say i have heard of that but that sounds like an idea that might actually work. wonder how it would sound.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 501
ne one got pics...?

Bronze Member

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 60
lol not sure if this might help but give it a try?

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/audio/acoustical-art-pvc-speak ers-027364.php

Bronze Member

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 61
lol its not in a truck but it can be done i guess.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 502
ya its somethin like that thanx chevy4life....jsut wondering if anyone had pics of an actual application in a car...of a pic of a car audio spaker in a similar setup...

Bronze Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 72
I once caulked an 8" sub in a 5 gallon pail. It was airtight....didnt sound very good though...sounded like a BB hitting a 55 gallon drum...

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3824
hey chevy thats seems like a good idea. you should do it. i was thinking that might be a good idea if i had a 3 way comp set and i didn't want to use the kickpanel to put the mid.

Bronze Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 92
stupid question, but how do you fit 6.5" speakers into a 5" pipe in the first place?

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 503
you would have to make a baffle (mostlikely out of mdf for the front of the speaker to mount it...but the cut out for the refernces are only 5" thats why i am using 5" pipe...i hope that explains it..

Gold Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1105
im almost done my cylindrical enclosures for my 12" subs.. why wouldnt you use 6" pvc :-)? should work just make them air tight

Bronze Member
Username: Sweatyogre

Erie, PA USA

Post Number: 72
Isn't that close to the same idea as a Bazooka Bass Tube? Just check out how those are made and get some ideas off that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us