With 2700 RMS ...

Username: Seanwhetsel

Sumter, SC US

Post Number: 1
I have two Kicker SX1250.1 amps, which put out 2700 RMS at 2 ohms.

I have been looking at posts on ecoustics and other forums for about 6 months trying to decide what kind of a new system i want to replace my burned up audioblah immortal.

I have a pretty good list of potential subs, but I really can't narrow it down any further than this.

I am basically looking for something that will blow the people in my area away, but sound good too, because it is going to be my daily driver. So not strictly SPL, but not SQL like the W7 either. Maybe I'll call it SPQL.

Anyway, all the sub combos in this list have a total load of 2 ohms, so dont worry about VC configs, I already did that. The one exception is the RE MT, which would be 1.8 ohms. I dunno if that is a big deal, but I dont want it to damage my amps playing at 1.8 ohms all day.

Here's my list:

RE
(1) 18" MT
(2) 15" SX
(4) 12" SE - If there's room

Treo
(1) 18" SSX
(2) 15" TSX

SoundSplinter
(2) 15" RL-s
(4) 12" RL-p - If there's room

AA
(2) 15" Havoc
(4) 12" Arsenal - IF there's room

They're gonna be goin in a new SUV, so keep in mind that there will be plenty of room for some huge TCAB boxes, except for the 4 12" combos, I dont know how much room they will need. Anyway, just let me know which set ups you would like to have if you had 2 SX1250.1 amps.

You might ask what my budget is. To be honest, I dont really know, Im getting a summer job, and have some money saved up. But none of these combos are over $1100 (2 RL-s = $1060), so I should be alright.

Let me know what you think

Bronze Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 92
if u want spl get the 2 15" havocs but if it was up to me id get the 2 15" rl-s.. those r unbelievable subs. i dont have alot of experience with treo so B might be able to tell u otherwise but id get the 2 15" sound splinter rl-s

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2736
2 SX 18's :-)

~$660 shipped from RE

Sumter, SC US

Post Number: 3
Yeah, I've been leaning towards the 2 RL-s subs lately because everyone says good stuff about them, they have good vids on ROE and they aren't entirely over priced for their performance. Only drawback is i have never seen them or talked to anyone who had them. So i dont know if the box dimensions on their site are the best possible and stuff like that. But they still look like the prime candidates right now. Thanks JK

Yeah marshall, what turned me onto the SX subs in the first place was readin about you almost hittin that 150 dB plateau with only one 15! I would love to have two 18" SX subs, and for the money i dont know if there is a better option. Only prob would be having enough room, which depends on what SUV I get. 2700 RMS would push those things awesomely though...

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Slowcala, FL The one that...

Post Number: 2924
what about 2 18" TSx's??
that would be super loud

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Slowcala, FL The one that...

Post Number: 2925
OVERALL....in the long run......

what do you want more of....SPL or SQ.

Sumter, SC US

Post Number: 4
In the long run of a couple years I definately want SPL because all I listen to is rap. I guess if my music preferences change in like 5 years or so I might want a more SQ set up, but I'm pretty sure I'll still wanna pound no matter what. So right now I want to put together a sub system with close to over the top SPL and decent SQ. I just dont want anything sounding like my old audioburn sh!t.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1476
go dd or treo for spl

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1477
bump since it didnt

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1664
i'd get the havocs, theres a guy on here that says they get a lot louder than the sx's, and im sure that the havocs would have decent sq.

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 637
with 2700 rms watts whut kind of electrical upgrades are u planing on doing....U know an Alt is gonna be nessecary...

More DB's how old ru.....

I like the RE line..cuz i heard the old xxx 18" powered with 1200 watts it sounded so good and loud.....it was ridiculous....

as for the other company i have never heard them in real life or seen them

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6608
rl-p's are more of an sq sub

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2595
i dont think the RL-S is what hes looking for either. 2 18SXs 2 18 TSX 2 15 havocs... those are 3 killer "SPQL" setups. lol

JK have you heard an rl-s? if so where at? i know of one person in our town running something like AA RE SS Treo etc. besides me anyway. what are you running? maybe you make 2?

Sumter, SC US

Post Number: 5
Charlie: I like the Treo products and have a dealer down the street from me, but he's kind of an a$$hole. But after hearing about B's TSX subs I decided to look into them. As for the DD stuff, I know they are basically the ultimate in SPL with the 3500, 9500, and 9900 lines, but I haven't even really looked into them because all I hear is that they are ungodly expensive. And while I am going to build up a budget for this system, I would still like to get the most out of my money (and it could easily be argued that the best for the money is DD, I just dont think so right now).

Killerzracing71: Yeah I know I am gonna need a new alt, I've been on the excessive amperage site before and was on there again today. I am prolly gonna get a 250 or 300 amp alt. I am 17 right now, and I am lookin into these brands because I want something that is gonna last and be the best, none of the crap the other kids are wastin their money on, I already did that once. As far as the 18" XXX, I dunno if i wanna go that route because it would mean i would have to buy a used one from someone since they are discontinued.

Chauncey: Thanks, I didnt know the rl-p's were straight up sq, at least i can cross them off the list.

Trevor: My first interest was 18" RE SX's, due to the price, RE hype, and SPL performance, and I know 1300+ to each one would be pushing them around perfectly, but I just dont know if Im gonna have the room for two 18s in proper boxes, but i would love too. As for the two TSX 18s, I know B pushes his TSX subs 5x the rated RMS, and they are rated extremely conservatively, but I would be a little wary of puttin almost 3x the rated RMS to them, I would hate for them to blow and not be covered by a warranty, if there is one.

I have never heard any of this stuff in person, so I am basically going on you guys' advice, and upon looking at other forums your advice is just as good if not better than anyone else's. Thanks for the input so far guys.

Oh yeah, and does anyone know if Polo jumped off the RE bandwagon for any reason other than space restrictions? Thanks

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1500
i would def say just get some treo tsx's or ssi's they just seem like what you are going for call treo and see if theres another dealer in your area and dd isnt that pricy i mean i know they are but if you only wanted one you could grab 1 9515 for under 800 or cheaper depending on where you get it and that 1 sub will be enough for you.

Bronze Member
Username: Swisher

Marianna, FL

Post Number: 58
before you buy let b comment on the treos :-)

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2526
well I WISH Treo made a TSX 18... :-( There is none as to date.. 18s are SSIs, SSXs... :-) A TSX 18, would be insane if they made one...

I have 2 15s, and give em what they want... ALL day..

On your list the monster is the 18 SSX! :-)
Power it up with that amp, to get things started.... But in the future, u can strap 2 more 1250s... :-)
1 18, huge ported box, about 38hz... U be King in the streets in your lil town...

Silver Member
Username: Alexv305

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 107
i would make some nasty bass if I had 2700w RMS jus to power my subs. why dont u get 4 15" TSX subs with like 12 SQ ft tuned to like 32 hz. OMG that would be so loud..

Bronze Member
Username: Swisher

Marianna, FL

Post Number: 59
"Yeah I know I am gonna need a new alt, I've been on the excessive amperage site before and was on there again today. I am prolly gonna get a 250 or 300 amp alt."

theres a group buy going on rite now in the accessories section of the forum(discounted prices) look into it and contact nate for a quote...hopefully we get the 10 needed for the buy

Username: Big_nig

Roswell, NM Us

Post Number: 2
as long as you drive fast all day, you dont need an alt for up to 2000 watts

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 903
as long as you drive fast all day, you dont need an alt for up to 2000 watts

You keep believing that, I needed it for one SX1250 due to the amount of bass boost I use and at night you can hear a huge difference now I have my 300A alt. Polo..

Roswell, NM Us

Post Number: 5
no but seriously... a single 80 amp alt and a 12 volt everstart from walmart and youll be good all day

Bronze Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 66
uh not quite..... im with polo on this one (and most other ones...)

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2227
get a DD if u want str8 SPL lol. also mass destruction car audio and incriminator audio.

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 906
I agree, DD's are designed to be tuned high for one purpose, SPL! I am just getting into Treo's and haven't heard them yet but there has been alot of good words going on about them. I went with me RE sx's by word of mouth and it didn't let me down, Polo..

Roswell, NM Us

Post Number: 9
whats the difference it has a alphasonics with motor structures too?

Sumter, SC US

Post Number: 6
Alright I just got home, thanks for the input so far.

First of all, I am really interested in the alternator group buy. Jb said it was goin on in the accesories forum or something like that, but I cant find it. Anyone know exactly where it is?

Also, I was just looking on DD's website at the 3500s and 9500s, but they dont have prices on their site. Should I just call them up, or does anyone know the prices for the 3515 and 9515? Do they even sell direct?

So right now I am leaning towards puttin either 2 D4 Treo TSX 15's or 1 D1 Treo SSX 18, if I can find a place to purchase them without gettin jacked, so i can give a big f!ck you to this local dealer.

Anyway, i find it kinda funny how everyone is jumpin on the Treo bandwagon now. When i first started readin posts on here it seemed like all anyone wanted was some RE stuff...

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1551
you can call them the prices where 500 i think for a 3500 and 750 for a 9500 depending on size and the vc ohm load config u get but they might be cheaper now just call to find out
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us