Silver Member
Username: Nypdlapd

Post Number: 300
wats goin in it??? VERY NICE!!

Bronze Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 98
one treo 12.44 i have to build another one for my other treo....

bump

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3794
nice work. what is the spec and hz of that box?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
THNX the specs are 2.25 cubic ft and tuned to 32 hz the port is 3" wide and 48" long...i took B's Advice....i cant wait to glue it and screw it all together

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7457
did the accelerator-pedal program give u that design !? ........

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
nope i designed it myself but i used the winISD program to figure all the lenghts out

bump

Silver Member

Post Number: 111
finished the glue and screwing but i left the top off how would i seal it off if i cant gett to the port ne ideas...will update pics tommoorrow

bump

Silver Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 220
dast y u do the the bottom first then both sides then the back then u put the top on then u make sum lil 3 inche spacers an put the port in an then u do the front the easy way that how i do it cause if u leave the top on ur goni 2 have sum fun sealin it off lol

Silver Member
Username: Dankum

Post Number: 160
i showed u how in my build

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3820
the reason why i don't want to build a slot port box anymore is cause of the ports. look how much cu ft you are losing cause of the big port area. imo slot port boxes are for higher tuned enclosures which don't need a long port. the box i made thats in my car is huge but with port and driver displacement i only have like 1.25 cuft at the most.

Silver Member
Username: Dankum

Post Number: 162
What did u decide reckless? U gonna start over?

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 681
reckless, use double sided sticky foam (fairly thick; squeeze it between your fingers really hard to get a feel for how thick it will be when compressed) and line the whole top edge of the box with it, then when you screw down your lid, the foam will fill in the gaps that aren't perfectly flat. Make sure you trim it around the edges with a razor.

To get the top edge as flat as possible, use a power sander (if it has a perfectly flat edge), or if you don't have tools, wrap some heavy grit sand paper (60 works good) around a section of 2x4, so that your sanding surface is perfectly flat, then just sand using nice long strokes. (pain in the azz, but if you want your box to be really nice, it takes a bit of labor)

I sand and attach the first lid to the sanded edge, and save my perfectly flat bottom edge for the final lid, but from reading your post its too late for that, so just sand as good as you can. If you don't do the sticky foam, use a thick amount of wood glue instead, and reach through the subwoofer hole in your baffle and wipe the excess glue that oozes out.

Silver Member

Post Number: 112
well im gunna take ur advice lewass and use the double sided sticky foam but this is only an experimental box b/c this box is made for one woofer and i have to i didnt want to build two cuz if it sux i wasted money so i am gunna finish this box and thn try it out an if i like it i will then build another one like it but i will do it the way SPD says but thnx for all the advice i think its not bad for my 1st box ill take pics tso u guys can see the sh!t i made emphasis on "SH!T" :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us