OT. loud button on the HU

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3776
who uses this. i recently realized that my system sounds so much better with it off. i can turn the volume up more and still sounds alot cleaner. i just want to know what everyone else does.

Bronze Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 28
i never really compared but i do use it.let me go check

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Slowcala, FL The one that...

Post Number: 2893
i was told the loud button is a great way to blow a sub and some components:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 29
it seems my loud button makes no difference in how the stereo plays, it is turning on or off the deft setting that does it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2894
at least on Pioneers

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3777
yeah i think that is how i blew my first set of jl xr comps. i was playing some trance music real loud and after like 10minutes i heard my front right door speaker sounding funny. i turned it off now and it sounds so much better.

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1230
i use the loud button......I always have used it in my car and my gf's car. I can't go no music thumpin at all without that on

Gold Member

Post Number: 2898
i wouldn't use it.
what kind of EQ do you have james

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2020
i have a pioneer deh 6800 and i never use the loud ... it sounds like it bottoms out and it sounds horrible .. i turn the loud off and the eq i like is powerful .. but thats just my opinion

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2565
different HUs do dfferent thing... on a friends HU i turned it on and distortion started at moderate volume. it sounded like crap. on my eclipse HU it has a "loudness" button and what it actually does is just add bass when the volume is low. the highs are changed in no way.

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 633
i use the loudness button on my alpine CDA-7897...really colded MX....anyway with out i cant get any bass out my subs...at all...right now my system is adjusted perfect...i get no distortion using it....just could turn it to 28 like i used to..i have it at 25 now...max is 35 so u can get the range

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1850
MX and Loud and whatever else emphasizes highs and lows and just adds a bunch of distortion.

Marketing gemic.

Silver Member

Post Number: 636
either way it doesnt add anymore distortion to my system at all....my speakers suck anyway

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2585
not on the eclipse HU. the loudness function works great. no distortion, no crazy boost of output.

Username: Moey

Sydney, NSW Australia

Post Number: 5
The loud button should be turned off in everyday listening. You get a much smoother sound over the entire audio spectrum with it off. If it is on, the lows and the highs are increased, which adds pressure to ur sub(s) and tweeters.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3798
yea moe, thats what i noticed exactly when i turned off the loud button. the bass hits even harder for me with the loud button off cause i can turn up the volume more.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 880
The loud function creates boosts in the EQ in the low and high sections to make your ear think everything's playing with a more flat response. Really, you don't want to boost any frequencies since it really depletes the capability of your amps. Much better to cut frequencies then boost other ones to even the sound out.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 881
Btw, how much it boosts and where it boosts will depend on the HU, that was more of a generalization.

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 652
Chad did you get your HO Alt yet?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3806
i got it but the casing is all wrong. i have to return it cause the mounting brackets don't fit my car. :-( now i have to go another week or two more without it.

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 661
Man that sucks, make sure you let us know how much of a difference you notice when you get it. I have a feeling you should be a lot louder once you have it. My system is about twice as loud for a few minutes if I let my yellow top fully charge up by driving with the system off for a while. Which leads me to believe that if I had a HO alt, I would be twice as loud ALL the time :-)

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 887
The loudness button is meant to be used at low volumes only !!!

This is because at low volumes the highs and bass frequencies drop off premature, and the only frequencies that are audible is the mids.

The loudness button boosts the bass and sometimes even highs (depending on the brand) to level out the dips.

Remember, the loudness button is only meant to be used at low volumes.

If you use the loudness buttoon at higher levels and your sound system distorts it is because the system has already maxed out(prematurely).

Glasswolf may have a better explanation. It may have to do with voltage.

Bronze Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 60
The sony HU say loud only boosts the level at low volumes.......

Silver Member

Post Number: 643
i adjusted my amp to go with that loudness button on...and turned down the speakers on my xover so i have no problems with it at all....if i dont turn down the speakers ohhh....yeah it will distort quick and it sound so horible

Bronze Member
Username: Shman

Michigan United States

Post Number: 63
i just went out and checked out my HU and i cant even get any bass out of it if the loud isnt on. it even sounds funny when i adjust the amp to go with it. ridiculous mids out of my polk 6.5's tho...lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us