I have a buzzing sound coming out if my 6x9

Username: Car1

Post Number: 6
im in the motion of installing my 4 channel amp, ive got it all connected in the bak of the HU, ive got one set of RCA leads comming for that into 2 sets of y leads in the amp, i keep getting a buzzing noise over the sound.... CAN SUM1 HELP!!!

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1686
does it increase with the RPM's??

if so, its alternator whine. enters system through bad RCA's, bad ground or setting gains way too high.

Bronze Member
Username: Van_man

Post Number: 18
You may have a bad speaker.. Try each speaker separately if see if that matters. Also a ground loop isolater in line with the rca near the amp may help. Double check your grounds, Dont just look at them, Take em off then reinstall. Also try an other temp ground too. Run an other ground from somewhere easy to it to see if that helps. Good luck.

Post Number: 7
yeh when i start the engine it gets louder! does the wire from the battery have to be the same thickness as the ground?

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1695
you want the amp's power and ground wire the same size. ground can be larger, and you want it as short as you can.

try to move the ground, thats usually the problem.

Post Number: 8
thanx, ill have a try at that tonight. if it doesnt sort the problem ill be bak on here! lol :D

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4772
Sounds like a power wire is too close to an rca. The reason I say that is he says "yeh when i start the engine it gets louder!" That means it has noise without the engine running and thats only battery power. Look into this if the solution suggested previous doesnt fix the problem.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4774
Well it seems they are having this discussion elsewhere and according to glasswolf my belief is incorrect on my previous post. Let me know what fixes it.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/212755.html

Post Number: 9
on my 250watt amp u can here the sound slightly but when im using my 600watt amp its lounder, and the engine buzz only happens with the 600watt amp? :-(

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
on my 250watt amp u can here the sound slightly but when im using my 600watt amp its lounder, and the engine buzz only happens with the 600watt amp?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4775
Are the amplifiers close to each other? If so try moving them further apart and see if the noise lessens. Glasswolf metioned about crossovers being a culpript sometimes as well. This is what id try if you did the ground with no change in outcome. The only other thing that may help is a second ground but this would point to a bad ground point to start with id think.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4776
if the second ground worked

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
im going to change the size and position of the ground (try that first). ill just have to make the power cable a bit shorter to make a ground cable. whats the best size cable for a 600watt amp??

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1717
4awg should be fine for 600 watts.

Username: Drizzo

Post Number: 1
I just bought a 2000 blazer it has a stock cd player i need to connect my amp and 12' on it but it has no rca jackz on tha bak how do i connect my soundzzz.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
your going to have to use your high level input jack to do that. it involves connecting all your existing wires that come from your HU to the connection port. you should have been provide with this equipment

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
sorry, whats 4awg?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us