Bronze Member
Username: Risky

Post Number: 18
I currently have a Diamond Audio D3 subwoofer on a MA audio HK400D amplifier

Sub: 400 watts rms/800 max
Amp: 400 watts rms/800 max

If I were to buy a Diamond Audio D9 subwoofer

Diamond D9 Sub: 600 watts rms/1200 max

and run it on the same amplifier, would it be louder? Other than being able to wait and upgrade my amp what is the advantage to this?

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 141
what amp is it?

i don't think it will be louder, there'll probably be difference in the sq between two subs though. and i've read here and been told before that it could actually harm the sub by underpowering it. i would just wait until i could afford an amp to run the new sub off of before putting the sub in.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
I was unaware that 400 watts rms to a 600 watt rms sub was underpowering it? I clearly state the amplifier in my first post. MA audio HK400D.

Bronze Member
Username: Bobok7787

Post Number: 17
I believe the D9 is 800watts rms...thats for the 12

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1525
underpowering subs doesn't hurt them, but in doing so most ppl want to crank the volume to get the sub louder, in doing this the amp clips, sending a square wave to the sub, which is bad, this causes distortion which over time will ruin the sub, i would just keep the d3 untill you can upgrade the amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Ya the D9 12 is 800 watts rms but this is a 10inch. I drive a regular cab truck so 10'' is the best I can do without giving up any leg room.
Thanks for the info Dustin. I think im still going to be buying it because the guy I'm going to get it from is going to sell it to me for only 150$ and its only been used maybe 4 hours tops.

Will it be louder than the D3 with the same amplifier?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us