Resonant Engineering - Company SOLD.

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 827
Do you guys think this will be positive or negative as far as the quality of the subs, etc?

Here is a post from the president of REAudio on another forum.

------------

If you weren't already aware of it, I do not own RE Audio. Some people think I do because I have always been sort of a front man for the company. In reality, I have never owned a single share of RE Audio's stock. I have been the President of the company for roughly the last 2 years.

As some of you may have heard through the grapevine, the owners of RE Audio recently decided to sell the company. I cannot give you specifics of the sale, but the ownership of RE Audio has definitely changed hands.

Who bought it?
US Amps didn't buy RE Audio. However, the majority of RE Audio's stock is now held by the owner of US Amps. Part of the company is still held by other parties, but in a corporation, the majority holder has the final say.

What does this mean?
It means lots of things. For one, the "decision making" power at RE Audio just changed hands. I was, at one time, a big part in the decision making process at RE Audio, but I cannot help but feel that what I think or say will not hold much of a bearing on what happens at RE audio from now on. I'm not all that fond of such a thing happening, but hey, it happens.
You will soon see changes in the company. These changes may or may not be for the better, but the decisions are not mine to make.

What sorts of changes are coming?
I can't truly say. I know, however, that our whole sales structure is about to change. I have a feeling that they way RE has always done business is out the door. I also know that our phone lines will soon be manned by new customer service agents. I don't think that you will be able to talk to the "same old people" anymore.
Don't get me wrong... these changes may work out very well for RE and its customers, but only time will tell.

When will all of this happen?
I'm fairly certain that things will start to change soon. As some people have pointed out, the people from US Amps have already started to actively show support for RE Audio and its products.

As I stated before, I can't go into detail on some things yet, or maybe ever, but if you have any questions just ask.

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1104
wow, that sucks big time........really don't think it was a good idea imo

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1784
especially since us amps sold out to foreign company, and the new people are clueless on older stuff, etc...

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2090
RE awww

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1155
wow that sucks better get your RE stuff now there going down lol

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 667
Man, that sucks, i still havnt got the XXX 15's that i wanted an i wont have the money for a few more months, are they still gonna make um ?????

i already have the amps for those XXX 15's sittin in my closet an now they might not be avalable to buy in the future ???????

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5423
Don't worry, you still have JL and Zapco.

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 516
TY you really don't aren't up to date on your facts.

One, this is a good thing. The new owners of USAmp are pretty good people, I talk with a cousin of their's all the time and I use him for my rep to them. As for USAmp being sold to a foreign company, you couldn't be more wrong. They're now in california. Only thing made outside the country is some of the boards and minimal pieces here and there and also the lower end line of amps, but IIRC its made from Korea which typically has good build to them. The AX line is 100% in the US, Merlin is for the most part made in the US. I think if USAmp does the same with RE as they did with USAmp and keep the major source behind the products(all USAmp still are designed by Dirk) than the major change could be in how you get the subs and how much they are. This may bring some stability to the production of RE products which may be quite good.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2579
As long as prices dont go out the roof, i think this will be just fine. US amps makes some great products...maybe their amp lines will spill over to RE. (can you say 22.1 :-))

BUT, i would really hate to see RE become the next Kicker or Audiobahn :-( (mass-production)

Hopfully USamp/RE will maintain the costomer freindly attitude and uphold the high build quality that RE is known for!

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 830
I hope they stay the same, for awhile at least...really looking into some RE's as my next six 12's for my firebird.

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 622
man, i hope ur right marshall.

Silver Member
Username: Palanza

Post Number: 119
Ditto

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11436
basically, controlling share just went to US Amps. big deal.
maybe now the problems RE does have will be solved. (lack of customer support, nobody answering email or phones. delays in shipping etc.)

That being said, I doubt the products will really change, so this isn't as big a deal as people seem to be making it the last day or two.

Heck, with US Amps controlling RE, maybe that'll mean more RE retailers, too.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2587
Glass,

That pretty much my view aswell...I know USamps is a great company, hopfully (like you said) RE's weaknesses will be strengthened by this.

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 623
good points there glass. yeah at least some crappy company doesnt have control.

Bronze Member
Username: Teddy21

Ann Arbor, MI USA

Post Number: 75
hey maybe now they can update thier website...

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2119
us amps still goin 2 budget the check towards their stuff more anyways... their 1st priority still NOT RE :-) As far as RE service, hopefull it will improve.. As far as RE price it may get even higher... Us amps will also soon take RE customers..
Its no comparing with US amps and RE amps.. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1807
i called us amps on an amp i was going to buy and the people there could not answer my questions on this older us amp. And to top it off, the person i spoke to could barely speak english, it does not leave a lot of confidnece for customer support, i have dealt with US Amps when they were still in FL, never had that problem.....

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 1106
i was JUST talking to a friend about how i hoped something like this would never happen to RE.....

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 523
you guyts should go to here
http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showforum=43

its run by flakko the cousin of JR(pres of USAmp). Also take a look at the pictures of the place and all. Its still a good thing they've bought a majority in RE as this will bring a stability to the production and also give them resources that may not have been offered before.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us