Couple of questions so i don't blow anything up...

Silver Member
Username: Goose5714

Post Number: 417
Just got my stuff installed, orion 1200d powering a orion h2 in 3.25 cubes @ 31 Hz. Since i don't have my HO alt yet i put the gain at about 1/4th, figured that would be fine until i get the alt, then i will set it right. What i was wondering is, is there a subsonic filter on this amp??? (can't go look right now...) and if there is what should i set it too, since my box is tuned to 31hz. (wait would the subsonic be the same as the HPF that it has built in? same thing basically, but does the HPF go low enough???)

Bronze Member
Username: Teddy21

Ann Arbor, MI USA

Post Number: 71
tune the subsonic filter or high pass filter, same thing, to just about what your box is tuned to. So around 30 hz.

you dont want frequencys below your box's frequency because it will damage the woofer by going out too much or over excursion.

Then you wanna tune the low pass filter to around 80 hz or so, you can play with this one a little until you get the right sound you looking for. But this filter makes it not produce the higher tones above 80 hz so all your getting from the woofer is the nice bass.

Bronze Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 57
alrihgt well whiel were on this subject...i have an orion 1200d hooked to a fosgate power hx2 ina box that is tuned to 37 hz...i think the amp only has a hpf switch to switch it on and off...i dont' think you can set it...but i could be wrong...what shoudl i set my low pass filter to, and is it on the amp also??

Silver Member

Post Number: 420
you can set it...theres a little screw turn knob thingy in teh box with teh hpf switch....

What do you guys think on the gains, since i don't have an electrical upgrade yet??? Should i still set them with a dmm or just keep them really low until my alt gets here?

Bronze Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 58
well i got mine off of ebay and it didn't come wiht the box or any other switch....the hpf swtich on my amp is liek right next to the gain, and the hpf is just a switch that says either on or off im pretty sure...adn then there is like 2 other turny things to the right of that...i dont knwo i dont' relaly have access to it riht now cuz im in college n my car isn't here....so i'm just wondering becaus eim goig home this weekend to check it all out..

Silver Member

Post Number: 421
Theres no seperate box lol, i meant the box that outlines the hpf switch and dials....the dial immediatly to the right of the switch sets the HPF, IDK what the intelli q one does...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us