L5 vs. l7 kicker subs

Username: 30hrtz

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 1
hey guys,great site.glad to see so manycar audio ebthusiasts.my question is this.I have a reg cab s10. I got a 10 inch L5 in a ported box behind the seat with 500 watts rms on it.It pounds and hits low but I want more but dont have the room.Can i upgrade to 1000wts and a 10 in L7 in the same box and gain any SPL?

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 822
I think that doubling the power gives you an extra 3db, but i dont know if that sub can take 1000 watts.

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 2
yeah,th 7s are rated at 600rms. the 5 is rated at 450.thats about my only option. or I could just get a shell and take the window out and get the 15s.but thats not an option with a wife and kids.i dont get much allowance,wally world gets it all.lol

Bronze Member
Username: Ton

Post Number: 29
do a search on the forum, they already talk about this topic, like GlassWolff said, the output will not be a much differnce between L5 and L7. the only difference is the input, how much power each one can take, but the output will be the same.

Username: Spkrman

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 2
yup, similar output from the 2 woofers. I'd say grab the bigger amp, if the L5 can handle, keep it. If it doesn't, grab the L7.

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 3
thanks for the help guys.I will search for similar topics on the solos.new to the site,still learnin my way around.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us