Kicker2500.1?

Bronze Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 28
I recently bought a kicker 2500.1 amp rated 2500 watts rms at 2 ohms Iam going to use it to power 2 alpine 10" type X's dual 4's wired in series in a dual 10" ported box. I would get great bass with great SQ what u guys think. i was also wondering how good the 2500.1 amp is, is kicker underrated or overrated?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6911
didn't u realised that 2 4ohms dvc sub can only be wired either 1 or 4ohms ?

here u figure it out on ur own

Kicker 05KX2500.1
RMS Power: 2500W x 1 @ 2 ohms
RMS Power: 1250W x 1 @ 4 ohms

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6912
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

Bronze Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 29
i was also thinking of keeping the 1 10 on tat amp and turning the gain to half lol or i can see how much an type x can really handle and fry it lol jks wont do that too expensive!i bet the tye X can take most of it though they are power hungry subs

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6914
kicker amps r underrated

u cannot set up both subs 2 run @ 1ohm cause that amp cannot do 1ohm load so ur only choice is
1250W x 1 @ 4 ohms

retun that amp if u can - u should have ordered a orion 2500D which does 2500wrms @ 1ohm ...

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 821
what did the birth certificate say on that amp? mine said 2885

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2113
the orion is also underated & .5 ohms stable! 3000 @ .5

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1806
the birth certificate gives you max power it could produce, not what it will in a normal car charging system and for extend playing time....

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 834
on the kicker amp it gives you rms

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3365
the birht certificate on kicker amps gives you how much rms it puts out at 14.4v. if you don't have the proper charging system you will never see that power.

andy.....you bought the wrong amp for those subs. however i know this guy that did wire it to 1ohm and didn't have any problems. kickers make good amps so i think it can take it.

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 835
of coarse you will have to supply proper voltage to it. thats true for every amp.

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 626
All od my Kicker amps (sx series) are measured RMS @ 13.8V, it's in the back of the manual. My amps run a max temp of between 90-110 deg F, very cool and I have tried it at .5 ohm when it said 1ohm min and it didn't even flinch. Try it out the most that may happen is that it would go into protection and then you would know to get rid of it. Polo.

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 627
Couldn't you wire the subs in a series/parallel setup? Wire one sub in series to get 8 ohm and wire the other in parallel to get 2 ohms, now wire the two parallel to get a total of 2 0hms? My math ain't the greatest, Polo.. :-O

Hmmmm, tow coils in series to give an 8ohm load not parallel wire a 4ohm to get 4 ohms now parallel wire another 4ohm to give you 2ohms?

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 628
NM, I AM RETARTED, LOL.

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 836
polo how long did u run at .5 ohm? did it get hot? i wonder if the 2500.1 could run at 1 ohm. i had a kicker guy tell me that the 2500.1 is just two 1200.1's strapped internally and thats why its two ohm instead of one.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3371
i used to have 2 dual 2ohm subs wired in parallel to my kicker kx1200.1 for like about a month and a half and i never experienced any problems.

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 629
You will experience a higher current draw for sure just knock the gain down a lot. It actually does look like two 1250's inside, the only thing I can say is try t, they run ultra efficient and cool, mine is cold all the time and got a little warm at .5 ohm not much but I did notice a big increase in current draw so be sure to cut the gain. Polo.. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us