Are infinity kappa perfect any good

Username: Sandiegolegend

San diego, Ca Us

Post Number: 1
i am condiering buying 3 12.1d infinity kappa perfect subs should i ? and what should i power them with. i also have infinity kappa 693.5i and
infinity kappa components what should i power them with? please give me some ideas or any suggestions i have a $1700 limit

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 523
300/4 for the components and other speakers

1000/1 for the 3 subs

good matchups...

Silver Member

Post Number: 524
by those i meant JL amps

Bronze Member
Username: Vipersbyms

Post Number: 81
those amps alone will almost bring you to $1700, so they wont fit in the budget with the subs.

mtx T684 4 channel
jbl BP1200.1 for subs

this will keep you way under budget so then you could get a new 200 amp alternator to power it all. then still have $$$ to expand the system.

all these companies make good amps

kicker
mtx
jbl
memphis

jl makes great amps but they set you back quite a bit. just the 1000/1 alone will set you back over $1000

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
only chance you got with gettin JL at a decent price is ebay. around $700 or so for the 1000/1. you could go for it if you like, good amp, but remember its ebay, no guarantee.

San diego, Ca Us

Post Number: 2
thanks much im going to go for mtx and jbl
i like jl audio but i dont have that kind of money this is going to be a 3 month process thanks a gin

San diego, Ca Us

Post Number: 3
i just wantes to know what was a good price for the mtx T684 4 channel amp and jbl BP1200.1
thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
MTX- the T684 is a pretty expensive amp, but you can get a deal on it if you look hard enough. i'd say a good price is $450 or less at an online store. look around and see what you can find it for. its about $250 + shipping on ebay.

JBL- anything $300 or less is a good price. shop around and see what the cheapest price you can find is.

if it comes down to it, spend the extra couple bucks at an online store (or local shop) that offers a warranty for the amps.

Username: Peteucsb

Post Number: 1
Hey everyone,
I have a similar question... Getting one 12' sub for gf's eclipse, been looking at infinity kappa perfects or alpine type R, price says Type R ; i like the 96 db sensitivity of the perfects but concerned with the small frequency range (18-150Hz) Will this affect the SQ? Will it still allow for all types of music to sound clean and crisp? Type R frequency range is (24-1000Hz)... Also what type of amp should I buy to power the one 12' and infinity kappa 693.5i? Could I power them with one good amp...would this be cheaper???
Thanks everyone!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Hiphopanonymous

Post Number: 46
i myself have two type r 12's. my friend has two perfect 12's. actually, i gotta admit that he has the edge. the perfects sound a little more sq style and the alpines sound a little louder than the perfects. as for the frequency range, i noticed he hit notes better than i did. it'll sound good if it's in a sealed box.

Anonymous

You don't want a sub producing anything towards 1000hz anyway, Kappa Perfects have better sound quality, they're one of the most "musical" subs I've heard.

Silver Member

Post Number: 536
most subs in car situations dont produce above 100 Hz so the 18-150 hz response is appropriate here...

hiphop was right, infinity kappa perf subs are really nice - especially the DVQ series, with 400w rms they will out bump many subs and sound alot better

go with the infinity's

Username: Peteucsb

Post Number: 4
Is the VQ series that much better for how much they cost??? The variable Q would come in handy because the eclipse trunk is not the best for a big box, but is it worth the extra $80-100???

Anonymous

I've heard them, they're very good. If you want the small enclosure, remember the bass will be very tight and accurate, but won't boom as much, which I like accuracy over bump anyway. The subs are very good and the VQ is made of Magnesium instead of Aluminum, it doesn't resonate as much.

Silver Member
Username: Newb

Post Number: 134
can u guys help me out? i heard alot of ppl say u get deeper bass with a sealed enclosure. but anon says u get more "boom" with a larger enclosure(im assuming this means ported), so which one is it?

Anonymous

That's true, what you said about the "larger" enclosure being ported. Sealed enclosures control the cone more and give enough backpressure to allow the driver to produce low frequencies. To get a ported enclosure to be really deep, the box will have to be HUGE. Ported is also louder.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us