Would this work?

Silver Member
Username: Rustysurfer916

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 101
hey can you hook 6 12's up to one big amp? how well would that work. or would it be better to go with 3 smaller amps?

i wanted to hook up 6 kicker compVR 12's to a hifonics XX goliath. would that work?

Silver Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 166
yeah bro but make sure u hokked them up just right , i think in series they are 4 dvc i think you can but in series only if i was you i put 6 sx 12 inch instead of the vr and bro trust me you will hit hard thats just insane but if you put the in the right box

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1508
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=145

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 169
it will be around 1 ohm and the xx is 1 ohm stable plus the xx can handle .5 ohm but in short time

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 102
what i saw it said the xx goliath is different watts at different ohms. how do you get an amp at different ohms. how much are the RE sx12's? i already have 2 compVR's and im still deciding on 4 or 6. do you think i would be able to fit 6 in the trunk of a 97 honda accord without taking out the back seat?

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 185
dude the sx is way louder than the comvr but the vr get loud but not loud as the sx if you want alot put 2 18 inch sx man i will respect you if i see you in the road with the xx and two 18 sx if you need more imformation this is my 18 sx is 320 shipped look
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/210823.html

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 186
just buy two precicion power dcx 1500.1 and two sx 18 and dude you will be doing it big and about you car i dont think you can fit that much subs maybe one 18 ,
one 18 is all that you need

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 103
i dont want an 18 inch sub. if i was gonna do that i would get like one soloX and just be loud as fu.ck lol. i want a 12 cuz 10s dont hit low enough and 15's dont hit for rock like i would like them to. but i want 6 just for competetions and for beating everyone around me. whats the RMS rating on a 12 inch sx. and how much are they each. and what makes them better than kicker. where do you find them

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 187
cuz dude everyone talks about re audio thats one point with 2 sx 12 almost all the people can do 14-150 db in the proper box and thats loud thats 2 points look at realmofexcursion.com and see re audio sx and thats 3 points if your going fot spl get re audio mt but is around 500 and that will beat the crap of a solox plus it will have better sq im talking on the 12 model just one of those and dude you will be doing it for comps if you have the right box.

look around in the foroum and you will see how popular is the solo x almost all the people hate that sub but if you want more than the mt look at the new xxx, digital design

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 188
dude if your going for spl get 2 12 sx 1000 watts rms each if you want the best of the class get two mt both models in a proper box and get some noise cancelling headphones cuz its gonna be loud as h3ll if you dont beleive me get the fudge out

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 104
ok so could i fit 4 12 inch RE sx's in my trunk without ripping out the back seat? how much airspace do they need. and for 4 of them how much would it cost and what amp

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 189
dude get two mt's and you will get real loud more than 4 sx

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 105
im sure theirs a sub out their that i can get one of and be louder than 4 sx's im looking for more sound quality and popping the trunk and watching the look on peoples faces lol

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 106
how much for 4 RE sx's and what kind of amp would be good for them. and how much. new alternator?

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 107
so why do people have like 4 JLW6's when they can just have like 2 W7's know what i meen?

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 193
they just want to show stuff cuz for show its better 2 insted of 1 they want people to look but you can do more than up 3 subs can using only one
with my sx 18 inch i will be doing more than 3 10 can do soif you dont belive me ask someone else and he will tell you the same plus look around at the foroum and you will see alot of questions like 2 12 vs 1 15 and you will see

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 108
ok well i want at least 4 12's

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 194
you dont want to compete you want to show that diferent

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 109
ill compete too but im not gonna compete everyday ya know. so how much for 4 RE sx and what amp and how much

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1074
why do you want that many subs? Take up more room, and more amps. Also need bigger boxes. I suggest you go with 2 real loud subs, rather than 4-6 12's. That's just dumb imo

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 110
i dont need my trunk. and i dont wanna spend thousands and thousands on one big amp and like 2 really expensive loud speakers and with 4 subs i can get a better sound quality than 2 pounding away at least i think i can.

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 197
if you want to make those re audio sub hit the harder get the re audio amps you have to call them for prices this is the link www.reaudio.com
dude if you want to compete get 2 mt and thats it its all wat you need but if quantity is wat you want get 3 sx is loud enough if you want the 4 u will add 3 db but its need for comp too so is up to you

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 111
i can get the kicker compVR's for 80 bux each so thats why im leaning towards that

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 198
no dude you wrong u cant sometimes yeah but is not the quantity is the efficiency so get 2 mt rather than 4 im talking in 12 inch versions and two re audio amps and dude get a room for the trophys

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1077
I really think that 2 mt's would cost more than $320 (80 x 4).......if that's what you want dude, then go for it. Just make sure you power them correctly and give them the proper space (enclosure) they require. It's no good to cram 4 subs in your trunk if they are not going to get the recommended cuft of space. It will sound horrible if not done right. It will probably even sound better if you had 2 in the right enclosures than 4 in wrong enclosures. If you decide on 4, just make sure you have enough room to do it properly before you buy anything

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 206
thanks alot young james to explain it more simple but he want at least 4 so let him do that if he wants but i rather wait more time to get more money and buy 2 12 mt they are around 500 each i think or 2 sx 12 less than 300 shipped each. better get one 18 inch sx is 320 shipped and get a well box and you will make more sound than those cvr if they are in the proper box minimun 4 cubic ft( but u dont want 18 so is up to you)

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 112
i think im gonna go with 6 CVR's just cuz it will look crazy when i pop the trunk so would the hifonics XX goliath be a good amp to use if i wanted to use one amp? and what alternator and how many yellow tops do i need

Silver Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 135
damn dude just listin 2 them they know what they talkin about if u want loud just get 1 15 or 1 18 fock 4. 1 will b loud enough

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1082
^^agreed, like I said, It will probably be hard to build an enclosure for 6 subs at the proper deminsions, so if you put them in the wrong box, they are all gonna sound like poo anyways. My advice to you is measure the trunk in all angles, and figure out if you can give all 6 subs adequate breathing room. It may look good, but when you turn it out, it sure won't sound good

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 113
if they all dont fit in the trunk ill extend the box into the back seat alittle. ill have enough room. but still wondering if that amp will work noone has told me yes or no or anything

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 225
ok do it, you will impress people, but you are last in the competition you will be pist so dude show off is not the same than comp , comp is loud music, show is just good looking if you want show off get some audiobahns aw1206t you can get them for 120 bux each but man just use one 18 or 2 15 re audio but is up to you

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1085
which dvc config were you looking at?

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 240
series i think cuz the cvr are dvc 4 ohm so it will be around 1 ohm 1.5 ithink to be specific

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 267
i was think of getting a really loud multiple sub setup too. what would be louder 4 12" cvr's in a ported box or 2 15" L7s in a ported box. is there anything cheaper that will get really loud (not audiobahns). i would like to keep my amp that is 1800wrms at 1 ohm.

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 248
maybe two re audio sx 12 inch or 1 re audio mt u will rule dude

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 114
hey man not everyone wants RE man. i want 6 fukin 12s bitchezzzz. and i dont care how they get in their. and since i can get the kicker ones so cheap then im gonna get those. i know RE is a damn good company but some people want sound quality and not one bigass 18 that will sound like $hit but be loud as fu,ck

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6314
if u want the 6 12's cvr's go for them, they should get louder and sound better then the mt, just as long as u power them correctly...

"maybe two re audio sx 12 inch or 1 re audio mt u will rule dude"

The 6 cvr's would still waste the sx's in spl and sq...

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 118
THANK YOU MAN someone that thinks i should do what i want. ok chauncey i know you got some pretty expensive $hit. what would be better 1,2, or 3 amps?. should i get one big amp to power all 6, or should i power 2 on each amp and get 3 amps?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6318
i would run 3 amps,,if u can, so the ohm loads wont be all difficult.lol(1 for each set of 2)

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 119
ok now the sub is 400rms and 800max. so what would be a good amp for 2 of them. and i know ill need a new alternator but how bout battery. right now im running a yellow top. would i need more than the one?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6319
budget

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 120
aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh $hit thats alwase a queston. for the amps? hhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................

i was thinkin of stiking with hifonics since their amps can put out some real power. but what could i get for 1000 bux or less for the amps.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6320
u could run 3 A8000T's the go for about 100+shipping on ebay, 800rms @ 2 ohms, that would work perfect

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 121
what are those? are they any good? how good is SPL. right now i have an SPL X2-1600 that puts out 800rms watts. it was 170 shipped on ebay. but how much real power would they put out compared to a better amp. you think it would be good to just get 2 more of those?

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 110
two of these will power six cvr's:

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14803

but you really think you can fit 6 12"s in an accord? maybe 4 with a custom enclosure i'm thinking.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6321
2 of those would not power 6 cvr's they only put out 70% of there rated power so 840*2=1640 and he needs closer to 2400 rms, not even close...

SPL amps sux they don't put out there rated power either...

The amp i said does a benched 800 rms @ 2ohms, The Audiobahn A8000T, would do the job perfect, dont even consider anything else unless u can afford JL

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 122
well im gonna have 4 firing into the trunk and i was thinkin have the other 2 firing into the interior and taking out the backrest in the back seat. think that would give me my best SPL and SQ?

and i would need 4 of those amps to fully power them all. their 400 watts rms and that amps 600 rms. 400x6=2400 600x2=1200 which is what that amp is. 600rms

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 123
the A8000T is only 400 watts rms. 800 max. i would need 6 of those. not trying to load up on amps man.

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 113
chauncey, thanks for the info on the hifonics. didn't know they were that underated. just saved me from buying one myself.

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 124
how bout 3 of these.
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14804

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 125
their not underrated man. all amps run at about 70% of what their rated. well most all amps

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6323
overrated, and yes i no, no amp runs at 100% Efficiency, and companies no this as well thats why good companies will rate the amp first (birthsheet) b4 selling it to a customer so u no what u are really getting.. The only other way to see how much ur amp is producing u could bench test it urself and see..

"all amps run at about 70% of what their rated. well most all amps"

My sx1250's are rated at 1250 rms put 1 of them puts out over 1500 rms

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 114
yeah but i didn't think the hifonics were one of them, just thought they were good budget amps.

and i'd stick with the audiobahn amps suggested for your setup. they only run 400wrms at 4ohms, but you'd be having them at 2ohms at which they're 800wrms.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6324
they are great budget amps, even at 70% u can get 1200rms for around $200 that is a great deal

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 126
thats why i said most all amps. JL puts out what its rated and i know kicker puts out more than its rated. but do you think that 3 of those amps would work for what i wanna do? and what do you think of my idea on 4 in the trunk and the other 2 going into the car? cuz i herd if you tried to do 6 in the trunk it would sound worse and not as loud as just 4 because of the way the custics are and everything.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6325
3 of those would work perfect, "THEY PUT OUT 800 RMS PERIOD" and if u make the box correctly u should have no problems with sound since ur taking out ur backseat and all

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 127
ok now. alternator, batteries? how many yellow tops would i need? i have one right now. and alternator? how much are those and where would i get one?

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 115
http://www.excessiveamperage.com/

http://www.ohiogen.com/

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 281
chauncey i know that 4 12 cvr can get louder than 2 sx or 1 mt but in the right enclouaure he got a civic u think he cant fit like at least 4 12 no dude plus it will sound like crap if they do not have a good enclousure listen to young james and u know a sub will get loud in the right enclousure but if they are in a crapppy enclousure they will sound like when ur on the batrom doing number 2

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 131
its an accord 4 door. 97. and im not gonna have a back seat or if i do it will be very small and not to comtortable of a ride for whoevers back their.

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 286
u can fit 4 or even 6 12 if u remove the back seat and make the enclousure longer

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 134
thats the plan. its gonna be tough since i dont know how to do fiberglass and dont wanna pay thousands for a box. but im putting 4 in the trunk and on the other side of the box im gonna have the other 2 firing into the car. whats everyones oppinion on what setup would be the loudest and sound the best

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 291
http://web.njit.edu/~cas1383/proj/main/

Bronze Member
Username: Theweasel

Post Number: 11
would you guys like 1 18" re mt over 2 15" sx? how big should the box be?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us