Help With Tragedy!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Winterfreshpimp

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 87
I deliverd too low of an ohm load to my kenwood kac-9102D amplifier, it goes down to 2 and i gave it a 1ohm load, and it blew a set of fuses, so i replaced them and now it dosent even power on... is there any hope for it????

Silver Member
Username: Texas_bass

Houston, TX

Post Number: 308
pull the cover off and see if any of the board is fried you can tell by the black streeks on the green board or you blew a resistor or a capacitor.

Bronze Member

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 88
can you replace/is it hard.....

Silver Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 309
if you know the resistence and wattage capacitor size tracing down power and good with a sodering gun you can do it if not take it to a pro and they will tell you if its worth doing it

Bronze Member

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 89
thers no real obvious black streaks, just wierd blotches aournd the power and ground stuff, and a few others through out the circuit bored, i could prolly get some pis.....

Silver Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 310
that will help

Username: Gangstaplayer

Gangstaville chicago

Post Number: 1
try taking them and putting them up your bum bum or try taking the cover off and checking around the power supply and ground if there are black marks that mean the resistance to the power coils werent right so your resister failed now that can happen if you put to low of a ohm load to the capacitor and the resisters

Gangstaville chicago

Post Number: 2
did that work gangsta?

Bronze Member

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 94
yeah i know but can i fix it or do i have to pay a rediculus amount to have it fixed

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3345
"try taking them and putting them up your bum bum "

what does that mean?

Gangstaville chicago

Post Number: 3
it means he should put them in his bum bum and yes you can fix them yourself or it i guess its easy you will need a friend though and most possibly and incredibly crunk one at that then you should go into the attic of your house and smoke marajuana ciggerettes. check for black marks are there any? put up some pics im willing to help you out

Bronze Member

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 95
well i did most of the stuff you said and its not working.... i need to fine my digi cam beofre i can take pics. what about half way up your bum bum thats all the farthe itll go.. i looked for black marks it dosent have anything like super obivious just hsit that looks like an increddibly thin ayer of dried hot glure aournd the enteir power in and out fuse side...

Gangstaville chicago

Post Number: 8
well half way will work are you one of those long haired fa gs who listen to emo like atreyu and avenged sevenfold those sub killers of trash well an incredibly thin layer of dried hot glue means that when you ran them at that low of an ohm you were pushing the amp to hard and it got so hot that it fried the circuit board but dont worry what you want to do is to get that crunk friend and have him hold the big board and there is another little board that screws in unscrew that (becarefull not to get that sticky white stuff on your hands) not a joke there really is stick white isolation gell and cooling gell but yeah you want your friend to hold the little one then take a 12 volt battery get power to it then take an ohm meter and start at the power suppyl in and trace it if it stops at the caps or resistors then you know those are shot and have your friendly crunk neighbor help you solder and hold the board
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us