Which subwoofer is suited

Username: Bretzy1990

Springfield, Il U.S.

Post Number: 5
I am wondering with all of your peoples expierence with subwoofers, do you think 12'' woofers would be suited for fast rock music such as fast bass drums.

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1055
couple of 10's will work for that too, but anyways, what's your budget?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3299
a nice 12 inch sub with good sq in a sealed can also handle some fast rock music. but like james said if all you listen to is rock then the 10s might be better for you.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1471
just for your info, a good 15 can work for rock too, like my atlas's keep up better than my brothers 10inch cvr, it all depends on the motor and bl strength.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6847
IDmax 12" - been mentioned on this forum by a few owners that it plays ANYTHING lound/clean ......

Username: Bretzy1990

Springfield, Il U.S.

Post Number: 6
well i listen to some rap but i listen to rock a lot more than i do rap. im lookin into one or two diamond audio D6 12'' woofers. i just was wondering if i would notice very much of a difference in the 12 from the 10 being able to keep up with the quick bass drums.

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 412
If you've never heard a fast hitting set of 10's before, you probably wouldn't notice anything negative from a 12" whatsoever, because the difference is very slight. But if you've heard a good set of fast knocking 10's, you might think the 12" is just slightly less "instant" in its response.

I have 3 10's and they do amazing for rock, but I actually love how punchy they are for rap too. I've never owned a 15" so I couldn't speak for those..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us