How do I put 2 amps on one sub safely?

Username: Daddybeau

AL USA

Post Number: 1
I have an Audiobahn Immortal 12" with quad 2 ohm voice coils. I want to know if I can put two amps on it. I don't quite understand the meaning or purpose of phases either.

Bronze Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 17
You need to have 2 of the same amps and they have to be linkable\bridgeable. What kind of amps do you plan to use? I have 2 of these subs on a 10000watt mono block at 1ohm

Bronze Member

Il USA

Post Number: 18
I hope your not as picky with your system as me, If your really trying to push that sub to its potential you are going to need alot of power upgrading, what do you have as a power suppy?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6270
John in ur profile it says u only have a 200 amp alt

No wonder ur not having any luck pushing those subs

Bronze Member

Il USA

Post Number: 19
I also have somthing wrong with my amp, when i disconnect one rca input, and use the same wire and put it in the other input one is louder then the other. I am waiting On Nathan from Excessive AMperage to get back to me on 2 300+ alternators, hes on vacation :-( Do power cords get hot if they are having troubles passing amps? I am wondering if i should change a few 2ft. 4g. to 0g. but i dont think they need to be, they dont get warm at all.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2020
a mono block amplifier uses both left and right channels from the rca to amplify its power... LEAVE BOTH plugged in!! If your wire is getting hot, means alot of current flow, u need bigger wire!! I would run 0ga where ever possible..

Bronze Member

Il USA

Post Number: 20
But the thing is, say i have the left rca wire and i unplug both from the amp, i plug the left rca wire into either output in the amp, and when i do that one of them is louder then the other. but i do leave them both plugged in but that sounds like a problem i think. What gauge wire should i wire my speakers with...im using 12gauge right now >_<

Username: Daddybeau

AL USA

Post Number: 5
Currently I have 1 1800w class d mono pushing it, when it can hold 2000 rms (4000 max). but seeing as though the amp is operating at only 2 ohms (due to the quad 2 ohm coils), I'm only getting around 1200w to it. If I put 2 aw12001dt's on 2 voice coils each, each amp would have an 1 ohm load with a total of 2400w flowing right?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us