New Sub Suggestions

Username: Northomaha

Post Number: 4
Hey, I am replacing my three Audiobahn alum12n subs. I only had 2 800 watt amps powering them but, I am unhappy with Audiobahhn and am looking to step up in quality and performance. Im am a pure SPL guy. I want to be heard from a ways away and I am looking for suggestions on the subs to do it with. I am planning to get a powerful amp and if anybody wants to suggest a amp to go along with the subs thatd be great. I have a 87' Range Rover so I have alot of room in the back. I am looking in the $250 or less range.

Thanks alot.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2042
RE SX
ascendant audio arsenal
kicker L7
i know theres sum Treo products in that range

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6240
Orion H2

Post Number: 5
Yea I'm from Omaha and thats where they make Treo so theres a couple dealers around here so I was thinkin about the SSIs, or some Orions, how much of a difference will i notice?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6824
ask my pal B about Treo subs

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/190665.html

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3269
hey C. Reming i will be getting the treo ssi 12s this saturday. i will be 2 of them and the 2 subs will be powered by jl 1000/1. i'll let you know how they sound after this weekend.

Post Number: 6
sounds good, let me know if theres anyothers if you think of em.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3273
oops i meant to say 2 subs and 2 jl 1000/1

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 242
maybe if you went on ebay you could get combined shipping on 4 kicker 12" cvr's. my friend got 2 for 160 but that was "buy it now" with ridiculous shipping.

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 730
the SSi is a great sub. more designed for SQ over SPL but it can still get plenty loud. If you want SPL get 2 15' TSxs and put 700+ on each one. I also would ask B about them, i know hes putting over 1000 rms to each one.

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 732
chad lee what size did you get??? i think ull like them alot more than your type Xs...i know the 12' SSis i heard kill my type Xs in spl and sq.

Post Number: 8
If I were to get two 15" Treo TSXs would these two amp options be sufficient for power?

either
2 of these
http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/3783
or
1 of these
http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/3777

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3287
i will be getting 2 12s. i found an authorized dealer near my house. i will be going down there this saturday to pick them up. i really wanted the 15s but space limitations.

i will be putting the 12's in a sealed for now but i will be making 2 cuft box tuned to 26hz for daily driver. also i will be ordering the iraggi 260amp ho alt so i will be one happy camper.

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 739
ED nine.1 amp and get the dual 4ohm subs.

im jealous chad i really want to get my treos soon but i need speakers and an ALT first. i decided to go big and get 4 15' TSxs with 2 nine.1 amps to start and then getting 2 more. i should have everything by the end of summer.

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 740
http://edesignaudio.com/product.php?cid=4&pid=6&cur=USD ....link for the amp C. Reming.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3289
4 15 tsx will get loud. according to B, he has 2 of them and he said they get loud as fvkk. he is going to hook them to orion 2500d. thats 1 orion 2500d for 1 sub. so he will have 2 orion 2500d powering 2 subs. he is way overpowering them but he said they can take it.

Bronze Member
Username: Custom_boxes

Post Number: 38
if 1 15 treo can take 2500watts damn ill get that sh1t lol how much is the sub

Post Number: 9
What is the advantage to the 4 ohm subs as opposed to the 2 ohm subs?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3290
i don't know about the treo tsx 15 but the ssi 15s should be around $400

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 742
the tsx is around 250-275 i believe. haha yeah b is getting a little crazy with his, ill keep mine to around 1000rms each at most. im suprised B hasnt moved up to the treo SSX yet...hint hint...

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3292
yeah the ssx would be awesome. i bet if B got the ssx he would give it 4000wrms.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2021
lol, sorry I missed this thread, just been so busy..
If B had 2000$ I would get 2 18 SSX, with 2 4000ds... that ALL folks...
But yea, look into TrEo Engineering... They dont get 1/4 the credit due!

The SSIs, should be 350-400, the TSX 300-350.. Just give them a call @ www.treoonline.com.

Chad u heard it from Jake Papa.... X = KILLED!

My 2 TSX dual 2s are getting about 1300rms each now, sharing a 2500d orion... @ .5ohms... They movin now, they didnt budge @ rated rms of 500... lol / Next week each TSX will have its own 2500d, with a new better, stronger box...

MY 15s broke my box... lol... flexing like a MFer!! It also made my fuel pump, fall into the gas tank!!

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 744
hey B everytime i talk to the guys at treo they tell me they cant give prices because i need to find a dealer. if anyone could get a price list that would be great. i used to have one but it was from 04 and they have changed prices alot.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2030
Old price list bellow, but new prices should be alittle less or the same price..
application/pdfUpload
TREO_Engineering_Price_List-179277.pdf (32.5 k)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us