I need help wiring my subs!!

Username: Rwells

Post Number: 1
Ok i just bought an alpine mrd-m1005 and all the wires and etc.. and 2 12" kicker CVR's (dual 4ohm), with a sealed box. im real new to stereos and stuff and i have been doing a lot of research as to how i need to wire my subs to create a 4ohm load, but i still dont understand. im really reaaally confused. if someone could help me out i would really appreciate it! thnx

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6817
uh oh - u bought the wrong model of subs 2 work with that amp man

go back & change them 4 the 2ohms DVC model instead or ur amp will NOT power them good enough

wiring guide >>> http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

Post Number: 3
and what i want is a series-parralel connection that makes 4ohms. but i dont understand like if i connect the subs together with one wire, and what part of the wire i use (positive or neg) and etc...

Post Number: 4
yea but i got a screamin deal on em. 70$ a peice werent refurbs or used or nothin.. but i understand that diagram for the most part. but what i dont understand is like when i connect the (+) to the (-) on a sub, do i use the neg wire or the pos wire or both. and when i connect the (+) to the (+) do i connect the two subs together or am i supposed to just plug each sub in the amp separately!

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6818
1 kicker compvr is rated 400wrms

ur amp does
RMS Power (at 12V,20Hz-200Hz)
* Per channel into 2 ohms : 700W x 1
* Per channel into 4 ohms : 500W x 1

RMS Power (at 14.4V,20Hz-200Hz)
* Per channel into 2 ohms : 1000W x 1 (1% THD)

if u hook them up into a 4ohms load they will only get 500wrms when they should get @ least 800wrms ...

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6819
u should have gotten that MB amp u mentioned in that other thread it would have been perfect 4 ur 4ohms dvc subs .

i own that mb amp & it plays gr8 .....

Post Number: 6
whoa...now when i was lookin at that amp when i bought it, 500 is at 12v, im praying i will get more than that. and the reason i didnt get the mb quart amp was because i couldnt find anything out about it. i wasnt sure if it was crap or if it had the same quality as their other products.

Post Number: 7
heres my biggest question.

when i wire the (+) to the (-), do i use the WHOLE speaker wire or just the neg side or just the pos side. ALSO, am i supposed to wire the subs together where there will only be one wire going into the amp, or wire each separately and there be 2 wires going in each output?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us