Audiofonics ADF-292; Yay or Nay?

Username: Mr_georgia_boy

Georgia USA

Post Number: 3
Somebody anybody HEEEEEELLLP.......
I'm thinking about buying a pair of these to compete with during the summer. I really would like to hear your comments on them. I also would like to know the enclosure specs. for this subwoofer. Your help will be greatly appreciated. thanx! This will be my first system (I'm 16)yeah yeah. Imagine those in a '93 Cadillac Sedan Deville! I can't wait to hear from you guys. Thanx again!

MR GEORGIA BOY

Silver Member
Username: Nemen

Post Number: 649
just look at the name audiofonics sounds like a audiobahn bootleg their crap.

Username: Mr_georgia_boy

Georgia USA

Post Number: 5
Actually I've read many many good reviews on them also on the adf-272's. Can anybody who's actually used them givin me any insight on them?

thanx

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 739
audiofonics shares its mailing address with -

American Pro
DHD
Performance Teknique
Volfenhag
Koiiler
Phoenix Digital
Rockwood

All of those are firmly among the bottom feeders.
If you're on a super tight budget and just want something to make some noise they might be worth a try.

That would be an all-out SPL sub. Don't expect much at all in the way of SQ. Plus the website doesn't give RMS power, so I guess you'd have to assume it's around 1000w, meaning you're going to need a good 1500-2000w if you really want to know what they can do. On top of that you probably can't expect much help in the way of customer support and coming up with a good enclosure for them.

IMO you'd be way better off starting with something basic that you know will get you good results and won't need a $400 amp. Type R's? Comp VR's?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us