Kicker compVR VS. kicker solobarric L7

Username: Rustysurfer916

Post Number: 2
i was wondering what would be louder and cleaner bass. 2 12 ince compVR or one solobarric L7. right now im running 2 12 inch compVR's with an SPL 1600 watt 2 channel. what would be louder and cleaner with the same amp

Bronze Member
Username: Viva_la_bam

Post Number: 23
L7 and get a kicker 1200 watt amp and go ported

spl amp suck

Silver Member
Username: Night_mirage

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 207
what size of L7

if its 12" i would say still on CVR
and its better if you cahnge your Amp

Username: Coolbug

Johannesberg, Gauteng South Africa

Post Number: 2
matt would you ever recomend tho's 2 compVR's..?

Post Number: 5
hell yeah i would. if you want the most bang for the buck then these are the subs. eventhough one works right now i couldent imagine both of them working. only one works right now but the other ones not broken. its another problem which i cant figure out. and my amps fine. its like 2 feet long and huge and has 3 25A fuses on it so it puts out some power. probably not a full 1600 watts though. and to night mirage, a 12 inch L7

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 783
the two vr's would belouder than one l7 and sound better. imo

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 227
lol... matt you are running the same setup as a kid i know. he just got the SPL 1600 2 channel amp friday and the 2 12 cvr's he ordered are supposed to come tommorrow. tommorrow we are building a ported box for them and will hook it all up.

Post Number: 3
thanx! awesome.
Sorry, but I cannot answer your question about the Sub not working?
I am new & have described the system I wanto buy this weekend (25th March :-) )in a thread I just posted, but I dono if the SQ will be up to scratch...?

Post Number: 10
your buddy will not be dissapointed but i built my own box but sealed. ported boxes and bandpass boxes have to be exactly perfect or they will not sound good at all.hope you know what your doing and have the right tools. just curiouse where did he get it and how much was it? ebay?

and clinton, i havent really been able to distort the sub all that much unless i really want to. you have to turn the gain on the amp up alot but i have it set right and it sounds awesome.

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 231
he got both off ebay. not sure on exact prices but he found the cheapest "buy it now" auctions. he is supposed to call up kicker for box specs and i have made a ported box before that turned out really good so i hope this one will too:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
i got both subs for 160 shipped, and the amp i got like over a year ago and its huge, but the amp was like 170 shipped. if your on a budget this is the system for you. as long as the trunk is closed it doesent matter how it looks when people turn their heads thinkin you got a system thats over a grand.

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 233
yeah that is what he was thinking, he wants to pull up and impress people with his system that secretly was very cheap(relatively speaking):-)

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 784
i wish i could get myself to do that, but i spend almosta grand just on the amplifier. wish i could be happy with what ihave, but i always want more.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
so do i but it also cost money. thinkin of going with one 12 inch soloX when i get money to power it and get the sub

Post Number: 4
Lucas, I kno xactly what you mean!...
I have 8000 (south african rands) to spend on sound
and all I wanted was a JBL GTi W12 Sub & GTO 1201 Amp. Installation would be around 8000 including wiring & enclosure ect...

I was talked out of it & now am getting:
2 x CompVRs 12" (will run them between 300 & 500WRMS each)
1 x Pegasus Amp 2200 (running both CVR's)
1 x Pegasus split
1 x Pegasus 4 channel

all this for around 8000 including stage 4 security for my car :-)

think I'm making a good decision!

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 793
whats the currency conversion for 8000 rand?

Post Number: 5
lucas, it's around 1 US dollar to between 6 & 7 rand

so.... around $1230.00 US
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us