Question for B...?

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 453
how much power could i throw @ that mmats i was talking to you about in the amp section without it dying out on me(blowing) like i mean for everyday use, not just a single spl burp, they are rated @ 250 rms but have heard that mmats subs can take a load of power most of the time much over their rms...thanx in advance...

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 279
I think its silly to go over the RMS rating. MAYBE go 20% over, but I would never do it, too risky. Why would you pay a shite load of money only to stress your equipment more than they recommend?

Yes I know it can be safe with the right person at the volume control, yes I also know you can get more sound out of your equipment that way. I don't know about you, but I would much rather make a long lasting investment in good equipment rather than stress the hell out of less expensive equipment trying to get better results.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5401
What kills most, if not all subs/speakers, is clipping/distortion from poor HU/amp, not little extra power.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 454
thanx alot guys...i think ill jsut stay with the BX605D that i was gunna run it with...

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2002
sh!t, sorry im late... lol
but yea, issac is correct....

mmats are highly underated, u can prob double that rms easy without a clipped signal..

HELL my subs are receiving 5X their rms ratings... CLEAN AS$ power too... never bottomed out or none of that.. sweet...

so it comes down to certain companys, that make good products... mmats is one of them!

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2003
ohh, to clear this up...
i dont belive in matching RMS power at all... NONONO
but that just B! Not in any of my future systems RMS will be matched!!

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 456
thanx alot b....ya i was thinking about giving it around 400-500rms...but wasnt sure...thanx for clearing it up...it wont be set up for alittle bit now... but ill post pics of both our systems when theyre done...mine should be done pretty soon so keep and eye out in the posts...

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 457
b what would be a good cheap amp to run that mmats giving it about 400-500 @ 2ohms...thanx

Silver Member
Username: Pelona

Alabama

Post Number: 972
but mmats makes spl subs that arnt that good at sq no? like the juggernaut.........

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 458
juggernauts are made to get loud as hell, the dreadnaut is there more sq oriented high end sub...but dont dont take it out of the spl class(dreadnaut) it also gets very loud...i wish i could afford one of these(juggernaut or dreadnaut) and then to power one you would need some serious $ for your amp and charging system...but anywase...how about that amp B...? LOL

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 459
Here are some possible amps that i came up with to run that mmats...
A8005DN
A12005DN
A2X200HQ
BX100D

and im also gunna try it out on my Orion 600d when i get it...

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 461
bump...well im off to bed but hopefully ill here from you(B) or ne one else with and opinion on the amp to run the sub in the mrning....thanx...

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2009
orion 600D Im guessin the sub is dual 4ohm, so wire it down to 2ohms, run it on the amp, you should get a little over 400rms, goin to the sub @ 2ohms!!

i hope your chargin system wont make the amp clip to death... with sub in the correct box, amplifier set correctly, gains down, bass boost down.. sub sonic filters etc... I think u will be A-OK...

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 292
OK fine, so if you get all that perfect, you should be fine, but I have spent too much time on my system to blow anything, whether it's covered by warranty or not. I wouldn't want to be without it for even a week! LOL

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 462
ya but one which one of the listed amps would be the best to use for the mmats (not including the 600d)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us