250$ for one sub what would you pick?
im looking at

MTX 8500

acedant arsenal

open minded to any other brands. i just dont want to be dissapointed

Bronze Member
Username: Kleinc

Post Number: 58
I am selling a Soundsplinter RL-p right now with only about 5 hours of use in mint condition for 230 shipped. The RL-p is an amazing sub, ask around if you like.

Chris

Bronze Member
Username: Winterfreshpimp

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 71
strange... when you sent me that i was on the soundsplinter website..... they are only reated at 400-500rms how much did you have going into them/ how much do you think they could take?

Silver Member
Username: Opie_har

Somewhere, One of them USA

Post Number: 136
What size? How many watts? Are you looking for sq or spl, or sql?? Many factors here. Do you already have an enclosure? How about an amp??

Bronze Member

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 73
most likely 12", spl over sq.... but preferebley sql, i will buy an amp to match since i know what brands i like, im just sick of being dissapointed with subs...alpine, infinity, kicker, sony... theyve havent left a impression on me. i will also build an encloser to the specs of the sub.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
The sub is rated at 500 watts, but 700 optimally. The amp i use is a Zapco Reference 500.1 underated that really puts out more like 700 watts. It runs the sub perfectly. THe sub is definetly an SQL sub, and the best sounding sub i have ever heard, and i have heard some nice subs. I am selling the amp as well, for 225 shipped. If you would like to buy them both i can do 440 shipped.

Let me know, my e-mail is ffxdevilarms@mchsi.com

Bronze Member

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 74
i will definetley consider it. im at school so i cant email you. i dont get paid for like 2 weeks would be the only problem.

how would this subs stacke up to the arsenal?

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Post Number: 2270
http://www.soundsplinter.com/rlp12_premium_series_12_inch_DIY_subwoofer_informat ion.html

Gold Member

Post Number: 2271
they take up to 800-900 watts optimally.

Bronze Member

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 75
so 850rms wouldnt be bad for it?

Bronze Member

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 76
is that the best subs for that price???

Gold Member

Post Number: 2272
I am serious about sq. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/768492

I sold my Brahmas (costed me 400.00/sub), and now I'm in the process of getting two Rl-P's. There is no better sub for the $ imo. In fact, the RL-p is comparable to some subs costing 50-100.00 more. Plus, Mike is a great guy to deal with cust serv wise.
yes, 850w is excellent

a better forum to visit with additional input is www.caraudio.com as many here have no experience with the sub

Silver Member
Username: Sony224422

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 327
check out diamond audio. I love my diamond subs, and the amp from them powers them great.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2016
a month ago i bout bought a RL-p...if it wasnt for dayum paypal

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
I have had 2 TDX's, RE RE's, and the RL-p, the RL-p is the best overall sub of the bunch. The RL-p's have much better SQ then the TDX in my opinion. Again, let me know if you are interested.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2279
But weren't you severely underpowering your D9's Chris?

Bronze Member

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 77
so back to the question at hand if some guy rolls up with a pair of mtx 8500(powered to liking) or some arsenal 12"s(optimully powered as well) will these subs be all around batter?(i will eventually have two of whatever i decide to buy)

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6176
arsenals, all mtx subs sux

Bronze Member

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 79
asenals-1 MTX-0 SS RL-p-2
any other votes?

Username: Cklein

Post Number: 1
Mike, you are right that i was severely underpowering them. I did however sell one to a friend and the other on ebay. I heard the one my friend had, properly powered, and my opinion stands.

I dont think you can put the RL-p in a class with those two, the RL-p is in a class all its own.

Also, he didnt vote for anenals, he voted arsenals over MTX, through in the RL-p and ask the same question, see what kind of answer you get then.

Post Number: 2
dam my english sucks tonight.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6179
Rl-p's are better then the other 2, like Chris said u didnt ask about the rl-p's

Bronze Member

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 80
oh i see i worded that wrong, my bad. what about soundstream? alot of kids up here have them i think the T4-12 is the model. sorry about all the Q's i just dont want to be dissapointed

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 289
The RL-P is basically a perfect combination of tried and true technology, hand built, by a guy who cares about his customers. Great sub.

Don't consider any MTX, they aren't very good for the money.

Arsenals would be great, RL-P even better.

If kicker didn't leave an impression on you, you may not really want SPL. Sounds like you want something that will pound, but you want it to sound good too.

What kind of car, and how much do you have to spend? Because if you have room, 3 subs is louder than 2, and 4 is louder than 3 :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2280
actually the rl-p is made by tc sounds, but designed by a guy who certainly cares about his customers. great sub. again, ican essentially afford any sub i want. i'm going w/the rl-p b/c it by far has the best performance/price ratio of all other drivers (w/manufacturer's warranty).
imo, of course

Post Number: 3
Maxx, i replied to your e-mail. If you would like any other information, let me know.

Post Number: 4
If you would like to check my feedback on ebay, my name is ffxdevilarms

Bronze Member

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 81
aight i email you back... i pretty much know im gonna get the RL-p's now thanx guys! BUT im thinking about building my box now, space isnt and issue with my dodge intrepid trunk if they were laying down i could fit 2 18's in it lol. any size reccomendations? definetly tuned prolly 35 hz i want THE MOST bass possible even if that means a 4cu encloser, i was thinkin more like 2.2 tuned so if you know a website where i can get planss or have them yourself you should let me know THANX AGAIN ....Maxx

Bronze Member

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 82
bumpittedy bump bump

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2034
i emailed SS whenever i wanted one and i asked them bout a box... 5 cubic foot tuned to 28Hz and he said in that box, output will be amazing

Gold Member

Post Number: 2285
Yeah. If your serious about a purchase, just email Mike at the address listed on the site. Give him your application, and he will give you a prompt response.

Bronze Member

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 85
okay wow thanks for your help guys!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us