Amp install Q's

Username: Icyhotahs

Post Number: 1
if my head unit has 2V preout will it affect my installion? i will be running a ground wire from my battery to my firewall, and another from the post to a ground dist block. both 8 gauge. 4 gauge power cord with a 60 inline fuse. the speakers are Alpine Type R 6.5" (50rms). the amp is a 50x2 pioneer. also, do i need to connect both the speaker level inputs AND the RCA cables, if not, which is better?

Bronze Member
Username: Error_505

Amory, MS USA

Post Number: 37
First off, use the same gauge power and ground wire.
Secondly, RCA's are much easier to deal with and you only need to use one or the other (RCA or speaker level inputs).
Thirdly, Preamp outputs vary on all HU's. The higher is better but I say use what you got. You probably can't tell that much of a difference anyway. If so, I will be corrected by another forum member..lol
Why are you running a ground from your bat to your firewall then to a distrubution block? You want your ground to be as short as possible. I would run it from a good grounding point closer to your amp. Be sure to GROUND it against METAL(sand off paint if need be) with a METAL connector on your ground wire. Hope this helps!!

Username: Icyhotahs

Post Number: 2
okay well i can't run either 4 gauges directly into the amp (too big), and all the c-clamps are too big. so i am running both of them into a dist. block. is that wrong

Bronze Member
Username: Error_505

Amory, MS USA

Post Number: 38
No, distrubution blocks are fine. You must be using 4 awg in and 8 awg out. You are doing fine by running your power from your bat to a distribution block and using a in line fuse as well. I did the same thing. On your negitive though, you can run it from a grounded spot closer to your amp into a dist. block using 4 guage in and out with 8 gauge.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us