Hitting 160.db's with a Tweeter.

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 605
Is it impossible to do this and if it is how many db's could you hit with a sh.it load of high powered tweeter's?

Gold Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 1287
im sure you could, because they get loud as sh!t, just depending on the song. unless the meter rates bass frequensy's

Silver Member
Username: Nemen

Post Number: 639
ill say 177.5 Dbs thats if they are in a van

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6742
yep agreed ^^ if its well layed out & the van is totally soundproof with a few layers of edead.....

Silver Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 448
lmao. I just hit 160.5 the other day with only half of my comp set :-)

But for real, dbs are measured in SPL (sound pressure level) and I dont think tweets create much pressure lol.

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 613
bump

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6766
Not Funny-room.jpg

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 286
180629.gif

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 524
But for real, dbs are measured in SPL (sound pressure level) and I dont think tweets create much pressure lol.

If I am not mistaken, higher the fequency, higher the SPL. It takes much less power at higher frequencies to reach a desired level of output then it does with a higher level of power at a much set of frequencies. Why do you think a smoke detector can kill your ears and they are powered by a 9v battery, lol. Polo. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1452
well if this is true, why don't spl competiors use a sh1t load of tweeters, to reach 180+db range, i agree with six, i don't think tweeters can get that loud.

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 529
well if this is true, why don't spl competiors use a sh1t load of tweeters, to reach 180+db range, i agree with six, i don't think tweeters can get that loud.

Look at the surface area of a piezo transducer like in a smoke detector and the surface area of a 18" sub, that transducer can put out a shreak at around 120-130 dbs, imaging if it was the size of that 18" sub! If you can find a tweeter that can match the surface area of a sub and take as much power, you would be in real trouble. All sounds audible are measured by SPL, higher the frequency the higher the SPL.It will take less power to reach the same amount of decibels at a higher frequency. I would like to see 180 dbs @ 22hz, sweet spot, lol. Polo.

Gold Member
Username: Pelona

Alabama

Post Number: 1017
how do u guys get that sound with that high treble tweet that u could hear like a mile away even after the car has passed u?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us